Need help

Hi There,
My name is Caroline and I am going to turn 50 in Sept. I really need to lose 40 lbs. to be healthy, 60 to be thin. But I am struggling. I have this inner block which goes back to my childhood and still contintues to this day. Rather than focusing on me and my healthy, I sabotage myself to get back at my parents b/c they are obsessed about me and my weight. So I eat one way in front of them but am a closet eater at home. I say I want to lose weight but my actions don't reflect it. The one thing I do well is my 10,000 steps a day. My friend gave me a fit bit and I love it. That's the kind of person I am, people need to do things for me to get started, rather than me do it. Right now I am very disappointed in myself and sad.

Replies

• MtnScramble
    MtnScramble Posts: 246 Member
    Hello Caroline.
    My wife recently acquired a new primary care physician for me, scheduled the appointment and went with me. The reality that I had regained 100+ lbs had not escaped her...

The main thing that the doctor said to me was. "You know what you need to do." He was correct. I knew what was next for me. Activating my account on MFP logging everything I eat, and get back to regular exercise.

I am now back down 24 lbs in about six weeks. I HAD to decide to follow through with what I knew to be true. Not for my wife or anyone else. Because I wanted to be back where I had been with weight, health and activity. I am a little over a year behind you hitting 50. I have started my preparation for that day now.

The community here can do some to help encourage you. The work that it will take is all you though. One more thing that you are doing well right now is being honest with yourself. That is an important key.

Welcome to MFP. Lots of good people here doing what they need to do for themselves and as we see the work others are doing, we can fully appreciate it as we do the same.

You have made a start finding this place. Congrats and welcome. Now lets get to what we know we need to do. Find the next thing that needs to change and attack it. :)
    --- MtnScramble
  • carnic67
    carnic67 Posts: 9 Member
    Thank you MtnScramble, I really needed those words. Can't thank you enough. I think having someone to talk to really helps. Do you belong to a group?