journey to health and happiness!

Options
In Jan 2012 I weighed about 270 lbs and slowly I decided to start working out and making better eating decisions. I have weighed 170 or so lbs for the last two years but have not been able to lose the last amount of weight I need to. Although I have maintained. Looking for some motivation to kick my butt in gear to get this last 30 pounds off!

Replies

• pinklife1117
    pinklife1117 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thank u!! Just hit the gym, especially hard since I am traveling for work!! But I did it!
  • vanette2013
    vanette2013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started working out a week ago and still haven't seen no results and I'm eating well drink plenty of water I've actually been sore after I go to the gym
  • pinklife1117
    Options
    Just keep at it! I try to only weigh myself once a week or I get unmotivated :(
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Good luck! And congratulations on maintenance for that long- it is quite impressive :)
  • justkeeprunning91
    justkeeprunning91 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You'll get there! My story has been somewhat similar, although slower and in much smaller chunks. I started at 225 then maintained at between 190-195 for a really long time (about 6 years), then slowly got down to 165, maintained between 165-170 for about a year, and now I'm 15 pounds into losing the very last 30 pounds. I think the long stretches of maintenance have made it easier psychologically for me. I've made a lot of lifestyle changes over a long time and I'm not worried that I'll gain it all back once I get to my ultimate goal. So look on the bright side, maintenance is something you will be able to do, and this could be the last time you have to actively lose weight! Good luck!
  • pinklife1117
    Options
    Yeah I am ten pounds into the final 30! I gotta stay motivated because I can do this! Mind over matter!
  • pinklife1117
    edited April 2017
    Options
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!