Lose 8 Pounds By May 1st!! 2 Week Weight Loss Challenge - Clean Eating & Gentle Exercise.

Options
eggfooyamyam
eggfooyamyam Posts: 196 Member
Starting Today, Monday, April 17th, A Challenge to Lose 8 Pounds in 2 Weeks.

Let's Help & Inspire each other to take the next 2 Weeks to jump start Healthier Habits!!!

We can post pictures, measurements, recipes, words of encouragement, and congratulations to help keep ourselves going!!

My most successful and fun weight loss successes have been participating in Challenges.

I will be following the Dr Oz 2 week rapid weight loss plan. I did a lazy modified version of this plan last year and still lost 7 pounds. Many folks claim to have lost 10-15 lbs following this plan. It's easy and fits my needs. You don't have to follow this plan to participate in the challenge. You likely know which healthy habits work for you.

Join the Group!!!

Replies

• eggfooyamyam
    Options
    If that were true I think I would have regained the weight I lost, but I didn't. It also resulted in a significant break from dairy products that has lasted since the first time I did it. If certain foods are triggers for overeating, I feel this program addresses that issue.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    What happens after 2 weeks? You said you didn't lose any more after stopping the last time so you must have been consuming maintenance calories. All you need to lose is a calorie deficit. And losing 7 pounds in 2 weeks isn't healthy weight loss.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'll never understand how slowly re-introducing something (fruits & grains) "re-sets" anything or addresses "triggers."

OP - fruits & grains are carbs ......low carb diets get their "whoosh" of water weight loss from this. So I agree with @cwolfman13 - there will be a fair amount of water weight loss.

What is wrong with dairy products exactly?
  • eggfooyamyam
    Options
    Thanks, Noel_57 That's helpful, and totally understandable.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I have about 7lbs to lose, so 2 weeks wouldn't do it for me. How much weight have you to lose?
  • eggfooyamyam
    Options
    I'm just learning this about Dr. Oz. Dually noted!! But honestly, the science behind this plan isn't something he invented, or likely even researched. My guess is that it's collected information from a wide variety of studies he had nothing to do with conducting. And I'm sure there are many "Programs" out there that resemble this one - so call it whatever you want. For me, it worked wonders on sugar and carb cravings that when consumed result in more cravings that are very hard to control. Looking for folks who have tried it, and can speak to this style of clean eating.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I'm just learning this about Dr. Oz. Dually noted!! But honestly, the science behind this plan isn't something he invented, or likely even researched. My guess is that it's collected information from a wide variety of studies he had nothing to do with conducting. And I'm sure there are many "Programs" out there that resemble this one - so call it whatever you want. For me, it worked wonders on sugar and carb cravings that when consumed result in more cravings that are very hard to control. Looking for folks who have tried it, and can speak to this style of clean eating.

he's just getting you to inadvertently create a caloric deficit. You don't need a special plan for that though
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    All it is, is 2 weeks of low carb...

I also wouldn't call low carb "clean" eating...there's nothing wrong with carbs. I eat a very healthy diet rich in whole food nutrition and cook most meals from home...I also eat a lot of very healthy carbohydrates like lentils, legumes, potatoes, sweet potatoes, oats, etc...most people would consider my diet to be pretty clean.

This is just two weeks low carb...nothing wrong with that, but low carb results in a fairly substantial amount of water loss due in large part to glycogen depletion.
  • wjleffi
    wjleffi Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! Printed out the list, looks like a good and easy plan.
  • eggfooyamyam
    edited April 2017
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    All it is, is 2 weeks of low carb...

I also wouldn't call low carb "clean" eating...there's nothing wrong with carbs. I eat a very healthy diet rich in whole food nutrition and cook most meals from home...I also eat a lot of very healthy carbohydrates like lentils, legumes, potatoes, sweet potatoes, oats, etc...most people would consider my diet to be pretty clean.

This is just two weeks low carb...nothing wrong with that, but low carb results in a fairly substantial amount of water loss due in large part to glycogen depletion.

Do you feel like explaining Glyocgen depletion? It's okay if you don't :)

Also, Lentils and legumes are on the all you can eat list, as well as 1/2 cup of brown rice.
  • eggfooyamyam
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    I'll never understand how slowly re-introducing something (fruits & grains) "re-sets" anything or addresses "triggers."

OP - fruits & grains are carbs ......low carb diets get their "whoosh" of water weight loss from this. So I agree with @cwolfman13 - there will be a fair amount of water weight loss.

What is wrong with dairy products exactly?

To address your comment about slowly reintroducing foods, this does work to help people detect which foods are issues for them. Some people don't have "issue" foods. But, for instance, I have very sensitive skin and often get raging hives after eating certain foods. It took me a long time to figure out which foods are the triggers for these reactions because we rarely eat one or even seven ingredients at a time. When we eat things like bread or cheese, we are eating tons of ingredients that are very hard to trace as the "culprit" to hives, or IBS, or migraines. Also, there is learning moderation, which most everyone on here has or does struggle with. Not all carbs are equal. So eliminating the less nutritionally worthy carbs while focusing on beans, legumes, and brown rice (all allowed on this program) for a period of 2 weeks is a good way for a lot of people to realize they don't need those breads and pastas. It doesn't seem like you have foods that effect you in bizarre and negative ways. But lots of people, including myself, find eating certain foods creates hard to ignore cravings for those same foods - which results in overeating. It has to do with antihistamines and how the body tries to deal with food allergies.