Road warrior food

Options
fitbethlin
fitbethlin Posts: 162 Member
edited April 2017 in Food and Nutrition
What's your fav food to pack for work trips that involve plane travel? My new one is this shredded chicken and roast veggies. I go from my front door to the gate in around am hour, so I eat then. I also keep another frozen in my carryon and microwave it when I get to my hotel. I pack one of my fav frozen breakfast burritos for the next morning and bars for the next day. It doesn't replace all my meals, but it sets me up to either keep making good choices our top have at least eaten well for some of my road meals...

h4olhbbniq5z.jpg

Replies

• 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    I love bringing a container of hard boiled eggs, along with sauces and seasonings on road trips. I imagine you could bring them on the plane too, but uses seasoning instead of sauces.
  • fitbethlin
    fitbethlin Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Epic fail for me on this last trip! I showed up and my hotel room had no fridge or microwave. :( I made do with my backups - protein bars - and trying to make the least-worst choice from room service and at the airport Chipotle.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Apples,string or baby bel cheese, nuts. Hard boiled eggs are good, but please don't eat them on the plane. An orange that you peel at home - again, kind of stinky and messy on the plane.