Increased hunger on rest days

2»

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited April 2017
    Theo166 wrote: »
    Have you considered reducing how many pounds you want to lose so you can eat more food? What's your loss rate set to right now?

2 pounds a week. I'm 5'3 and 249 pounds so I really don't want to increase calories. I lost 10 pounds over the past 6 weeks, I want to keep it up.
    That doesn't sound right when you click on the goals option and list that you want to lose 2 pounds what's the calorie number that MyFitnessPal lists?
    I'm also 5'3 and I'm 153 pounds though I'm aiming to lose 0.5 pounds a week and my calorie intake is at 1400 calories. If I eat to lose 2 pounds it's at 1200 calorie which I have no desire to eat at.

Try inputting your information into MyFitnessPal and see what number agree I agree with the other user that number seems awfully low for your height and weight. If you want to have a better toned body eating more will help with that. Fast weight loss isn't always that great you could end up with loose skin since you could just end up losing muscle which no one wants to loses muscle is what gives you more tight skin.

@xchocolategirl MFP isn't actually giving you a plan to lose 2lbs, you would get the same calorie goal if you input 1lb a week. You've hit their hard limit of 1200 calories that they don't go below regardless of your size and intent.

Right, at 5'3 at 249, plus sedentary, 1350 seems about right for 2 lbs. When I started MFP I was 200 and 5'3 (and older than OP) and got 1200 with the estimate it would be a loss of about 1.8 lb/week. I ate 1250 net and lost more, since I was not sedentary -- most people are probably at least lightly active, or at least I was.