Thigh fat?

I've been eating carefully (or more than I used to) and exercising more and weight loss has been slow, and I still have a lot of fat on my thighs... I'm pear shaped, but not extremely so and I know I could lose more weight. Any suggestions?

Replies

• eternallyemma
    eternallyemma Posts: 12 Member
    I found a great YouTube video a while ago for thigh fat. It was basically: do side to side squats. Start with your feet together, move the right foot out and squat, feet together again, left foot out and squat. I did this for about a minute periodically throughout the day, or just until it hurt too much to continue. Lost a ton of weight in the thigh area... And good for the butt too!
  • Blitzia
    Blitzia Posts: 205 Member
    Sadly, you can't really spot reduce. (I wish I could target the weight on my stomach myself!) The only thing you can do is lose a little more weight and work on strength training to build muscle which will help you look more toned as the fat comes off.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    that's one of the spots, as women, that we are likely to have fat, and want to keep fat (unfortunately). It does go eventually - keep being persistent/consistent and it'll slowly go away.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    my big problem too... I wish we could just spot reduce fat hahahaha... at some point, it will be how i want it to be hahahaha
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    The good news is that the thighs are the healthiest place to store fat. The joys of being a female!
  • jesslsoukup
    jesslsoukup Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks for your replies guys! I will keep at it... :)
  • FoxyMars25
    FoxyMars25 Posts: 112 Member
    Even at my smallest, my thighs were still pretty large (my weight comes off my upper half first). Just keep going!
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    As much as it sucks, I'm glad I carry my weight there rather than other areas. Just keep at it. Overall reduction will at some point need to target there. :smiley:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I've been eating carefully (or more than I used to) and exercising more and weight loss has been slow, and I still have a lot of fat on my thighs... I'm pear shaped, but not extremely so and I know I could lose more weight. Any suggestions?

Just continue to lose weight & do the best you can. There is no guarantee that you will not still be pear shaped when you get to goal. We have our genetics to thank for that.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,069 Member
    FoxyMars25 wrote: »
    Even at my smallest, my thighs were still pretty large (my weight comes off my upper half first). Just keep going!

Yes. :disappointed: I can get skeletal up top and still have fat deposits on my upper thighs. Inner thighs and right under by butt cheeks is where I carry my excess fat. After that, it goes right below my belly button. I can get rid of the belly fat without look too terrible up top, but there is no way I could ever lean out enough to get rid of the upper thigh fat without looking like a holocaust survivor. Strength training helps a lot however, and I've finally started to notice a difference in my legs after a year of consistent lifting. Keep doing what you are doing and you will hopefully find a happy medium.
  • LessCookiess
    LessCookiess Posts: 538 Member
    edited April 2017
    One can't spot reduce your thighs may take more time good luck!!