When your the only one dieting in the house

Options
peggylimkemann
peggylimkemann Posts: 2 Member
Very hard to diet when no one else in the house wants to diet with you and all they want is lots of carbs and meat!

Replies

• takichum
    takichum Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Agree.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You don't have to have different food than the rest of the house. Just have less of what they eat and maybe add some extra veg to your plate to bulk it up. Good luck!

this
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Its hard at first but very doable. Remember that family and friends are not always going to be dieting when you are, if you keep that in mind you will push through just fine with meeting you goals.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    You can eat lots of carbs and meat and lose weight, I don't quite understand your problem exactly.
  • fitin50s2
    fitin50s2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    May be a bit harder living with others that are eating things you may not want to in order to shed weight, but unless you take ownership of it, you aren't going anywhere fast.

To me, it's only one more excuse that exists. Ultimately no one is forcing you to eat what it is you don't want to.

I dropped about 50lbs and my house continued to be loaded with carbs, meat and bags of what some might call junk food. There are many people here with similar experience and results.

By the way, I did it eating carbs and meat. Probably every day.

Take ownership and personal responsibility for it and you will find your results.