Best time for workouts?

Options
2»

Replies

• cdkelly
    cdkelly Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I personally don't think it matters what time you go. Just go when works for you...which might end up being at different times every day. The important thing is to keep moving....you don't need to be a robot to do that.
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    cdkelly wrote: »
    I personally don't think it matters what time you go. Just go when works for you...which might end up being at different times every day. The important thing is to keep moving....you don't need to be a robot to do that.

Great insight about being adaptive than rigid. Will keep this in mind :)

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    mornings for me
    better chance of me getting it done that way
  • SpotLighttt
    SpotLighttt Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    first thing in the morning
  • NikkiDawn2017
    NikkiDawn2017 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I get up at 6am for my cardio. Keeps me motivated and on track the rest of the day :smiley:
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 6:30 am cardio/abs and 6pm lifting 4-5 days a week right now.
    I prefer evening for lifts because that takes more time and I don't have to worry about being late to work.
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your insights. I've been successful at sticking to my sched of 7pm for the past 2 weeks and everyone on this thread have helped me in one way or another so thank you everyone :smile:
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    When's the best time to work out to stay motivated? I always find myself trying to get in on a work out sched that I schedule around 6pm but by that time I always seem to be lazy or I skip it because I napped too much. Clearly it's not working. I usually leve for work around 8am. Any insights?

You skip because you napped too much?

I suggest you look at whats more important to you, you will workout if its important to you

I dont have a set time, i fit it in round my other commitments
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    When's the best time to work out to stay motivated?

tbh [and entirely for my own self], i think motivation is overrated. in one sense i'm always 'motivated' - in the sense i haven't lost track of the goal since i got into it three years ago. in another i'm completely without it half of the time - in the sense of how often i go to the gym with 'i don't really feel like it' in my head.

i just find that for myself, if i sat around waiting to WANT to do stuff like some kind of magical mental surge that will just make it happen without me having to do anything . . . well then yeah. i'd work out about one-third as often as i do now. what works for me is to ignore 'motivation' and just think in terms of logistics instead. when is it going to fit in with my life? when is the time with the fewest impediments? i'm probably going to go do it anyway, so the practicality just means i try to find the time slots that have the least aggravation attached.