I'm back, again...

Options
ghudson92
ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
Hey all, I'm 25 from the UK and I'm back at square one once more. My journey is a source of frustration to me, I was a fat kid but lost two stone when I was 17, I worked out regularly and felt awesome. My early twenties saw me suffering from anxiety issues as a result of some unfortunate circumstances which led to weight gain and lowered self esteem, eventually I stopped exercising because I didn't want to go out.
Fast forward to today... As I've got older and my life has changed, my anxiety issues have more or less subsided and I am in a pretty good headspace these days. Unfortunately I am now 9 stone and 7lbs which is pretty grim on a 5"1 frame. Today I am restarting my journey towards a healthier me, I want to get back down to 8 stone and keep it off. My challenges are sticking to an exercise routine and resisting comfort foods when I feel stressed. So if anyone wants to add me and help me on this journey I'd be most grateful. It would be good to make some like minded friends :-)

Replies

• runawayray
    runawayray Posts: 9 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi! I am 25 as well! I, too, went off track for a time & am back & killin' it! I will admit that I had to research what "stone" was in terms of weight. I did figure it out & follow what you are saying.

It can take some serious patience & a form of discipline to keep the weight off.

For me, in the beginning, it was really difficult to stop eating junk food or high sugar/carb foods. I realized those were my enemy foods & slowly cut them back & track them. I also got into exercising EVERY DAY - whether it be 15 mins or 60 mins. I just had to be active! [I signed up for DailyBurn & LOVE IT! I would suggest it for people looking for fun workouts of all degrees!]

Let me know if you want to be on this journey together! I am also seeking friends on here!
  • ghudson92
    Options
    rwarner4 wrote: »
    Hi! I am 25 as well! I, too, went off track for a time & am back & killin' it! I will admit that I had to research what "stone" was in terms of weight. I did figure it out & follow what you are saying.

It can take some serious patience & a form of discipline to keep the weight off.

For me, in the beginning, it was really difficult to stop eating junk food or high sugar/carb foods. I realized those were my enemy foods & slowly cut them back & track them. I also got into exercising EVERY DAY - whether it be 15 mins or 60 mins. I just had to be active! [I signed up for DailyBurn & LOVE IT! I would suggest it for people looking for fun workouts of all degrees!]

Let me know if you want to be on this journey together! I am also seeking friends on here!

Hey! I'd love to connect with you on here, especially as we are the same age with similar goals :-) haha sorry I couldn't be bothered to convert it in to lbs or kgs!

Well done on your journey so far, sounds like you are doing an amazing job :-)
  • runawayray
    runawayray Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I did accept your friend request & look forward to helping one another. And it's all good, I will be dealing in lbs though, heads up! :smile: It has taken a lot of trial & error but I think I finally figured it out...!
  • ghudson92
    Options
    Thanks :-) if it helps you out, there are 14lbs to a stone.