Codependency and Dieting

Options
Hey all! I just wanted to see if anyone else out there is struggling with codependency?? One of the symptoms of codependency can be overreating during stressful times in your codependent relationship. I feel this is very true for me. When I am stressed I always put my health on the back burner (along with many other things) and choose comfort over health.

I'd like to stop this cycle and am working towards awareness of my stressors and try to change my habits and focus on me.

Working so far!

Replies

• MaryIM
    MaryIM Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yup, I'm with you. Don't want to reveal too much because have been stuck in a high-stress/co-dependency situation for about a year and a half. Needed to physically remove myself from the environment in order to focus on "me", for a change.
  • nursemomruns
    nursemomruns Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am in the same situation. My eating habits have gotten terrible with my current relationship and I've gained 20 lbs since November.
  • AmandaEdwards1
    AmandaEdwards1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey there guys! I'm glad I'm not the only one out there! I am new on my coda journey so I'm just starting to pay attention to all my bad habits. There are many! Lol
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm new to coda too. Well for about 5 months. I definitely struggle most days, and food has always been my coping strategy
  • sheilaann67
    sheilaann67 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Im new too but have been in a codependent relationship for years. Food is my crutch. My weight has gone up 80 pounds and I swing between optimism that I can lose it and feeling hopeless that I wont. I must embrace habits that are good for me long term and thaymt is hard.