Options
2»

Replies

• TheKeyz
    TheKeyz Posts: 39 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Dude, are you purposefully eating 1200 calories most days or are you being inaccurate with your logging? If you're purposefully under eating by that much kiss your muscles good-bye.

Yea I'm doing it purposely... I'm not really worried about muscle right now
    Plus I don't have any muscle anyway lol just fat
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    TheKeyz wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Dude, are you purposefully eating 1200 calories most days or are you being inaccurate with your logging? If you're purposefully under eating by that much kiss your muscles good-bye.

Yea I'm doing it purposely... I'm not really worried about muscle right now
    Plus I don't have any muscle anyway lol just fat

Your hearts a muscle, you still have one of those?

^^^ This. Muscles aren't just the bulgy things on your arms. They're also vital to your health and wellbeing.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I was another thread recently reading where the op wanted to lose weight fast, he didn't listen to any of solid advice he was given and went ahead anyway lost a bunch fat and muscle. Now he is trying to rebuild muscle which he doesn't have now and is having a very hard time.

Be careful what you wish for. Good luck.

^ Building muscle is a much slower and more difficult process than retaining whatever muscle you already have. Building muscle also involves fat gain along with the muscle, in at least a 1:1 ratio (and that's if you're lucky).

Losing weight without regard to retention of lean body mass often results in reaching goal weight and discovering that you're just a smaller, saggier, droopier version of your former self. Not exactly the result most people envision when they start the process.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I was another thread recently reading where the op wanted to lose weight fast, he didn't listen to any of solid advice he was given and went ahead anyway lost a bunch fat and muscle. Now he is trying to rebuild muscle which he doesn't have now and is having a very hard time.

Be careful what you wish for. Good luck.

Not to mention the guys who show up going "halp, I was under eating for months and now my hair is falling out and my libido is nearly non-existent." :disappointed: