Need motivation to lose last 10 pounds

Options
Hey everyone! So it literally feels like I have been trying to lose weight and get in shape my entire life. I have lost a slow and steady 55 pounds since I was in high school (I'm 23 now). I like the way my body is coming along but I want to lose 10 pounds before summer as my stomach fat feels more uncomfortable the more in shape I get.

I'm 5'8 149 pounds and my waist is 28inches. I weighed myself on the weekend and had only lost like 2 pounds since October which is disappointing but honestly not unexpected given I drink alcohol and have my chocolate/pizza vices more regularly than someone trying to lose weight would.

I'm thinking I start getting more tough on myself to see results in my midsection in particular as I want a flat stomach really badly.

Is anyone else in a similar boat or overcome the last obstacle? I feel like I've gotten too comfortable with my progress and have kind of given up. I think I'm going to seriously cut back on bread as I've done with dairy and try to stop drinking more than once a week. My willpower is pretty great but I wonder if I can actually be strict....

Feel free to add me so we can help eachother out. I think I'll set my deadline to July 1 if that's reasonable. I really hate weighing myself so I think progress pictures will suffice. Here's my evolution from January of last year to this month.

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    It's brutal. I would like to get from 150 to 140 by July. I've been at it for 6 months, lose 2 gain 5, lose 4 gain 2. Even if you're not losing, staying the same is much better than the alternative. You look great!
  • iluvcatz
    iluvcatz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    It's brutal. I would like to get from 150 to 140 by July. I've been at it for 6 months, lose 2 gain 5, lose 4 gain 2. Even if you're not losing, staying the same is much better than the alternative. You look great!

Is there anything in particular you've changed in the past 6 months? I'm always convinced I'm too lax on myself and if I take something out of my diet it will help. I work out everyday and up the intensity when I have the energy but I really think it's my 2/3 pieces of bread a day that are doing it.
  • Blitzia
    Blitzia Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm going to second the opinion that you look great, so I don't think you should be so hard on yourself.

However, if you're trying to lose weight, let me ask the obvious question: are you counting calories? You say you're cutting out things like bread and dairy, but what are the numbers? How many calories per day have you been eating, and going forward, how many calories do you plan to eat? Cutting out bread may be the trick or it may not be. I don't think you can know for sure until you do the math on the calories.
  • iluvcatz
    iluvcatz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Blitzia wrote: »
    I'm going to second the opinion that you look great, so I don't think you should be so hard on yourself.

However, if you're trying to lose weight, let me ask the obvious question: are you counting calories? You say you're cutting out things like bread and dairy, but what are the numbers? How many calories per day have you been eating, and going forward, how many calories do you plan to eat? Cutting out bread may be the trick or it may not be. I don't think you can know for sure until you do the math on the calories.

Thank you guys so much!!

I tried counting calories for a while in high school. I found it fuelled some of my obsessive food behaviour that was unhealthy and I found it hard to stay within my budget for the day at night when I would get hungry after work or school. So I'm trying to stay away from that especially since I would punish myself if I ate a slice of pizza or something and had to log it. Or I wouldn't log it at all :/ it has made me better at estimating though and I usually only have single servings of things.

I might try it again now that I'm in place in addition to cutting back on some of the refined carbs. Thank you!