Increase muscle mass on legs

Options
2»

Replies

• jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    The thing I really hate and forgot to mention is that when your legs start to get bigger it makes it SUPER difficult finding normal pants that fit right lol so FYI train legs with caution, sweatpants and oversized waist sizes to accommodate my pants have become a norm and if I hit 29-30" thighs I wont even know what to do with my wordrobe lol.

I don't work for them but I just bought my first pair of pants at www.barbellapparel.com.

Their jeans are designed for lifters with bigger legs...maybe this is something to look into?

I will def look into this thanks!
  • santacruz_isabel
    santacruz_isabel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice
  • jpoehls9025
    Options
    Thanks for the advice

No worries, thats why I love these forums we all help each other with a common goal = kicking as* lol jp but really fitness is a great unifier.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Other than squats,heavy dumbbell lunges or barbell, farmers walks, frame carries, kegs. H ell go grab a boulder and carry around the yard. Leg press is great. Cycling is pretty good (go hard uphill).
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I deadlift and squat pretty heavy 2x/week. I also include rack pulls, leg press and leg extensions. Other great workouts are hip thrusts and split squats. Make sure you are eating at a surplus too. I've always had very muscular legs (large quads and hamstrings) and my thighs are 21.5". Genetics also helps!
  • jpoehls9025
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I deadlift and squat pretty heavy 2x/week. I also include rack pulls, leg press and leg extensions. Other great workouts are hip thrusts and split squats. Make sure you are eating at a surplus too. I've always had very muscular legs (large quads and hamstrings) and my thighs are 21.5". Genetics also helps!

(leg day)
    I love when people are not afraid of leg day and at 2x a week slaying it. I usually have a dedicated leg day platz style because I have so much variation I can barley walk afterwards lol. Leg day = (squat, Front Squat, Either weighted stepup or Bulgarian Split Squats, every once in awhile lunges instead of the previous two exercises mentioned [for variation] and finish with legpress / calf raises standing / seated supersets)

(back day)
    Then I do back / legs with deadlifts and rack pulls as well. I do some RDL's as well occasionally along with bent over rows (one of my favs). Love some lat pull downs seated cable rows as well.
    Back day isn't as varied as leg day specifically because deadlifts just takes everything out of me. Just today my last 1rep I had white floaters in my vision pretty freaky cause that never happened before lol
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

(leg day)
    I love when people are not afraid of leg day and at 2x a week slaying it. I usually have a dedicated leg day platz style because I have so much variation I can barley walk afterwards lol. Leg day = (squat, Front Squat, Either weighted stepup or Bulgarian Split Squats, every once in awhile lunges instead of the previous two exercises mentioned [for variation] and finish with legpress / calf raises standing / seated supersets)

(back day)
    Then I do back / legs with deadlifts and rack pulls as well. I do some RDL's as well occasionally along with bent over rows (one of my favs). Love some lat pull downs seated cable rows as well.
    Back day isn't as varied as leg day specifically because deadlifts just takes everything out of me. Just today my last 1rep I had white floaters in my vision pretty freaky cause that never happened before lol

Dem deadlift spots. If you never see stars after a pull, you're not pulling heavy enough. ;)
  • jpoehls9025
    Options

(leg day)

(back day)

Dem deadlift spots. If you never see stars after a pull, you're not pulling heavy enough. ;)

I guess not haha! Im curious, being its my first time seeing them is it fairly normal? I don't mind it, just being cautious like if I should take a knee when it happens, in the event I pass out don't want to fall from to high lol.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

(leg day)

(back day)

I guess not haha! Im curious, being its my first time seeing them is it fairly normal? I don't mind it, just being cautious like if I should take a knee when it happens, in the event I pass out don't want to fall from to high lol.

I see them literally every deadlift session. I take my 5/3/1 AMRAP and Joker Sets seriously. ;)
  • jpoehls9025
    Options

(leg day)

(back day)

I see them literally every deadlift session. I take my 5/3/1 AMRAP and Joker Sets seriously. ;)

good stuff will be looking forward to star gazing soon then.