Prepping for Bariatric Surgery

Options
Miss_Hattie
Miss_Hattie Posts: 49 Member
I've done all the diets, some successful but always gained the weight back. Because my type 2 diabetes is getting the better of me, my doctor wanted me to consider the gastric bypass. After talking with the surgeon, he is recommending the Duodenal Switch instead. I used to work as a board leader many years ago at Cyberdiet, DietWatch and FoodFit online sites and I always thought my best weight loss support was during those years. So I'm looking for a new "home". I heard there was a Bariatric Support Group board here.

Replies

• tichondria
    tichondria Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Under search I have found a few things. I to am currently prepping for bariatric surgery. I'm going for Gastric Bypass, although I would prefer Duodenal Switch instead. I have gotten all my pre-reqs done (as I'm going through insurance to pay for my surgery) I just have 2 more months of Medical dieting to get weighed for and then I'm done and hopefully will get my surgery date. Good luck to you and I hope you find a group that is helpful and kind.
  • Miss_Hattie
    Miss_Hattie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks, tichondria! I have my psych assessment on Friday and that should be my last thing. Then I wait to make sure the formal pre-authorization comes from the insurance company. Once it is in I start classes and have my physical with their medical doctor and also one by their surgeon. Hopefully they won't find any issues they want me to have checked out. I've already seen my dentist and GI doc, will see an ENT doc today. I was required to lose 15 pounds and have lost 13. I know there will still be labs and an EKG to be done prior. Merrily I go!
  • rockitmom57
    rockitmom57 Posts: 4 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I had the gastric sleeve in March, 10 weeks ago yesterday. I was on a strict 3 month weight management class (mandated by my insurance company, back in December) under the surgeon and nutritionist, and I have lost 80 lbs. since. Another 20 lbs. I hope to lose to my goal.