Motivate me!!

Options
staceythomas29
staceythomas29 Posts: 9 Member
edited April 2017 in Motivation and Support
I've been stuck at the same weight of 12st7-12st5 keep going up and down from there and I'm dying to get out of there!

I think I need a kick up the bum. My diet is great through out the week but my weekends get ruined as I have no will power!

My aim is to reach 11st13 by mid may hopefully? Which sounds easy enough to reach but not when you've been stuck in the same weight for weeks!!

Guys motivate me, tell me off, help me

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    stand in front of a full length mirror in your underwear... happy? no? put down the cake and go workout...
  • dj_suse
    dj_suse Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Keep yourself distracted at the weekend!! Plan fun stuff to do and stay out of the house if that's where you're giving in to slacking off on your diet.
    Ask yourself what's different on the weekend compared to the week. Are you at home? Or do you go out more to eat at the weekend?
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    Maybe work at reorganizing your thinking.

Motivation is overrated. Motivation seems to suggest wanting to charge enthusiastically into weight loss every day. Life isn't like that, at least mine sure isn't. What's needed is determination. That's staying on point until the job is done.

No one here can give you motivation or determination. That has to be you. Not a believer in kicks. If we could beat ourselves into submission few people would be overweight. People berating you on line won't help either.

What you need is problem solving. You identify weekends as a problem. A couple of my strategies for weekends are find a really dirty job to do, or just get out. Go for a walk, a drive. Go anywhere that doesn't involve eating.

Last thing. Maybe ditch the schedule. If you can get a downward trend going, just ride it. Time driven WL plans are a way to turn success, losses, into failure- not fast enough. Good luck.