I need help...plz

Options
This is my first time posting. I'm 4'11 and cw is 179. I started at 204 and was 190when i started mfp. So i need help with what to do bc my weight loss stop, it's between178 to 180 for about 2-3weeks. I added in 1 mile walk daily, plus 20 min windsor pilates video. Im also taking cymbalta and thinking it might be stalled bc of that. I eat 1000-1200 calories daily. Very rarely i go over to1300.

About 9 years ago i lost weight and went from198 to 129, but wasn't taking any anti depressants at the time. My weight loss was quick and i was doing walking and pilates. Then i got married had 2 kids and now at179. Plz advice me I what i can do differently. Thanks on advace.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
  • yellingkimber
    yellingkimber Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    ^ But shoutouts to Marni Windsor's pilates. Is it the DVD with the pink cover? I really felt that one for ages when I did it almost a decade ago.
  • shabanabibi1986
    shabanabibi1986 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    ^ But shoutouts to Marni Windsor's pilates. Is it the DVD with the pink cover? I really felt that one for ages when I did it almost a decade ago.

Yes the basic 20 min one.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Do you weight your food with a food scale? Calorie counting is number 1 in weight loss, and if you aren't weighing everything that goes in your mouth, then you truly don't know if you are eating 1200 calories.
  • shabanabibi1986
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »
    Do you weight your food with a food scale? Calorie counting is number 1 in weight loss, and if you aren't weighing everything that goes in your mouth, then you truly don't know if you are eating 1200 calories.

No, actually i don't weigh it. I might consider buying one. Thanks.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296 I gotta wonder: how many of your 11,000+ posts are this chart? I can look forward to seeing every day I visit these forums. Anyway thanks for tirelessly bringing out the basics.
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    You are doing a good job by adding different workouts. It is very typical to hit weight and strength plateaus from time to time. Your body will start to adapt to the physical activity and diet so you will really have to shake things up to get past those plateaus. Sometimes changing your diet and workout routine with something completely different will help. Kind of shocks your system into changing. Have you tried interval training? I hit a plateau last month so I completely changed my workout regiment and got passed it. I went an entire month with no weight loss or muscle gains so I changed to "Tabata" workouts for a month and lost 8 pounds and almost 2 inches in belly fat.

Taking prescription drugs can have different effects on people too so you have to take that into account. Unfortunately these days lots of the drugs have worse side effects than the symptoms you are trying to treat. Keep thinking positive and good luck!!!!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Start by getting a food scale and weighing your foods. Be sure to count everything that goes in your mouth. It could be a logging error and you're eating more than you think!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296 I gotta wonder: how many of your 11,000+ posts are this chart? I can look forward to seeing every day I visit these forums. Anyway thanks for tirelessly bringing out the basics.

Ime based on a random sampling I counted ages ago, about half of the people who come here to ask questions will never come back to respond to their posts to answer questions or give more information. @lemonlionheart's cjart has truly been great for getting information across quickly without waiting days for an OP to come back. It's just a shame the mobile site/app won't let posters zoom in to read it.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Ime based on a random sampling I counted ages ago, about half of the people who come here to ask questions will never come back to respond to their posts to answer questions or give more information. @lemonlionheart's cjart has truly been great for getting information across quickly without waiting days for an OP to come back. It's just a shame the mobile site/app won't let posters zoom in to read it.

Truly? That's a bummer. I'm usually on my desktop.

Hey, mods! Create a zoom feature! :p@psuLemon
  • diannethegeek
    Options

It's why I've stuck with my bullet points over the years instead of the chart. One too many people who can't read it and choose to skip it altogether rather than ask for more info about it. Creates a lot of confusion when people think everything's been covered but the OP can't read the information.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

It's why I've stuck with my bullet points over the years instead of the chart. One too many people who can't read it and choose to skip it altogether rather than ask for more info about it. Creates a lot of confusion when people think everything's been covered but the OP can't read the information.

Your bullet points are equally awesome! But I did always wonder why you would post them when the chart was already there. The things you learn... :D
  • shabanabibi1986
    Options

About 10,347 of them.

Why? Because it says everything that needs said, especially when OP doesn't provide enough info to give individual answers. And it's quicker and easier than typing it out.

You could have asked for more information if needed for ur answer, but thanks for the chart.
  • shabanabibi1986
    Options
    You are doing a good job by adding different workouts. It is very typical to hit weight and strength plateaus from time to time. Your body will start to adapt to the physical activity and diet so you will really have to shake things up to get past those plateaus. Sometimes changing your diet and workout routine with something completely different will help. Kind of shocks your system into changing. Have you tried interval training? I hit a plateau last month so I completely changed my workout regiment and got passed it. I went an entire month with no weight loss or muscle gains so I changed to "Tabata" workouts for a month and lost 8 pounds and almost 2 inches in belly fat.

Taking prescription drugs can have different effects on people too so you have to take that into account. Unfortunately these days lots of the drugs have worse side effects than the symptoms you are trying to treat. Keep thinking positive and good luck!!!!!

Thanks. Probably might try different workout video.
  • quiksylver296
    edited April 2017
    Options

About 10,347 of them.

Why? Because it says everything that needs said, especially when OP doesn't provide enough info to give individual answers. And it's quicker and easier than typing it out.

You could have asked for more information if needed for ur answer, but thanks for the chart.

Many people never provide that info, though. And the chart will have the answer, regardless. No knock on you, @shabanabibi1986.

I'm excited you are going to look into a food scale. They're cheap and very easy to use, once you figure them out. Learn how to use the TARE button, it's a lifesaver. It zeros out whatever number is already on the scale. So, put your dinner plate on the scale, TARE out the weight of the plate. Add your protein, note the weight, log it into your food diary, TARE out the weight of the protein. Add your veggie, note the weight, log it into your food diary, TARE...etc, etc.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Options

It's called click on the photo and you can use your fingers to zoom sections. Or just use a desk/laptop and use a real screen. ;)
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

It's called click on the photo and you can use your fingers to zoom sections. Or just use a desk/laptop and use a real screen.

Look how quickly @psuLemon can solve our requests. :D Thanks!
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

It's called click on the photo and you can use your fingers to zoom sections. Or just use a desk/laptop and use a real screen.

Wow.

And that's why I stick with my lists and stopped trying to suggest changes to the site ladies and gents.