Should I start with 30 day shred or body revolution?

LSJC18
LSJC18 Posts: 48 Member
I recently got Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and body revolution. I've only started working out 2 weeks ago and I'm still really unfit and I have a lot of fat to lose before I begin toning.

My question is which one do you think is a better starter to lose fat rather than tone? Should I get another DVD instead to do first (I want to keep this in a Jillian Michaels restriction)? And I'm really really unfit.I can't do a single push up. Not even the one where you use your knees.

Thanks so much in advance (:

Replies

• Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    I'm on day 4 of the 30 day shred. i'm really really unfit as well. could not really do pushups but i'm finding i can do more everyday. i've read a lot of people have lost weight doing this. i'm hoping to loose weight as well.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Shred. I'm doing Body Revolution right now and it's not that it's hard, but it is a lot more of a commitment than 30DS. People get great results very quickly with Shred, and it's only a month, so it's easy to commit too. I would start off with Shred just to get used to the types of moves she does (there are some repeats and they are a bit more advanced in BR). Shred is also lower impact. It is in Body Revolution at the start too, but that's at the start. It moves quickly onto jumping and higher impact moves. Shred will get your strength up, give you quick results, and it will be a bit easier. BR is more of a thorough workout, in my opinion. But you are onto full military push ups by week 3. So my vote is for Shred!
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    I've done 30DS and now Body Revolution and I did other Jillian DVD's. (some moves being too hard on my knees)
    I'm on week 3 of BR and find her very encouraging to new exercisers...showing 2 or 3 modifications for easy and harder.

I think it gradually gets newibies ready for the later weeks. I skipped 2 DVD's only doing them a couple of days, because I had done so many of hers before, I didn't want to go backwards, but now it's much more intense but she's still very encouraging, showing how you can do it and asks you to "just try one" harder move before you say No, I found it so far to be very good.

If I had to do it again, I would do BR from the beginning and you can see some 30 DS online for free on youtube if you want to do that also.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    fat loss is 100% about a deficit of energy (calories). Do whichever...it doesn't matter.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    30DS, shorter commitment and less intense exercise.
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Tooooonnnnneeeee.
    :grumble:
  • mrshallewell
    mrshallewell Posts: 318
    if anyone is interested in joining the group i just made i would be very happy, im starting jm 30ds in august and would like people to do it with me sts and we could motivate each other.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/15582-jillian-michaels-workout-group