Am I the only one who can't lose weight?!

I've seriously been dieting for almost 4 weeks now and either I stay the same or I gain. I started out @ 1400 calories and I saw that I gained, so then I went down to 1200 and now I'm maintaining that same weight. I've gained 35 pounds since my last weight loss experience last year, and I feel hopeless like I can't lose weight no matter how hard I try. I haven't started exercising yet because I figured like last year when I lost 30 pounds I only ate healthy and didn't even exercise so I thought this experience could be the same. I don't know what to do at this point. I'm doing all veggies fruits and high protein low carb. I average like 50g of carbs a day.. that's low. So I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm frustrated and feel hopeless. Anyone else?

Replies

• Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Yup you are the only one :)

joking obviously.

In seriousness, plug your information into MFP then faithfully and honestly log every bite you eat. If no weight loss after a month, manually decrease calories or exercise more but make CERTAIN you accurately logging every single bite and sip that goes into your mouth. Every. Single. One.
  • JasmineDiver22
    JasmineDiver22 Posts: 148 Member
    @ gen39. I've thought that too. But I literally count everything I eat even if it's a bite of something. Not sure what else to do.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    @ gen39. I've thought that too. But I literally count everything I eat even if it's a bite of something. Not sure what else to do.

Can you open your diary and we can help you spot potential errors?
  • JasmineDiver22
    @gen39 usually I measure by pieces. Like almonds. But fruit I don't count. I eat very little probably 1/4 cup. 1/2 of veggies, then the rest is mainly chicken and protein shakes. I only drink water. Rarely I'll drink almond milk. I usually eat raspberries, blueberries, pineapple, cabbage, brocoli, carrots, Brussels sprouts, peppers, chicken and protein shakes, and sometimes yogurt. That's literally all I eat, but I scheduale it different on different days. Am I not eating right?
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    gen39 wrote: »

If you are measuring by volume (e.g., using cups or tbsp instead of food scale), this can be a huge cause of inaccuracy for solid foods.

Another thing is, since MFP uses a user-entered food nutrition data, try and verify what you're entering actually matches the nutritional label on the packaging. There's a lot of crappy entries in the database with wrong information.

Agree x1000. Weigh it or it isn't accurate.
  • JasmineDiver22
    @JaydedMiss OkWhat do you recommend?
  • JasmineDiver22
    @JaydedMiss okay I see what you're saying. Okay so where and want kind of scale should I buy for the most accuracy?
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Get a scale that allows you to change the units of measure (so it will measure in grams and ounces), and that has a Tare button that allows you to zero out the scale in between ingredients (so if you're having blueberries and raspberries, you can put one kind in the bowl, record the weight, then zero out the scale before you add the second kind). Beyond that, whatever kind of scale you want is fine. I got mine on Amazon and it was like $15.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    @JaydedMiss okay I see what you're saying. Okay so where and want kind of scale should I buy for the most accuracy?

Buy any old simple one that weighs in grams and ounces i believe are the go tos....they are cheap around 15-30$. Tare option is a huge bonus (you can put a plate on it and tare it it will go back to 0 grams then you can add whateer you want and keep taring and weigh everything in 1 dish if you need to) (or put a jar of something on it tare it and then take away how much youd like until its - your serving size)