Found LowCarb Grocery store 20 minute walk from my house <3

Options
I don't do low carb but if I can shave some calories off by using Heinz sugar free ketchup plus I've been meaning to try the SF Pudding mixes by Jell-o then I'm down... Going to totally check it out tonight and get some exercise too hehehe

Replies

• janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of a low carb grocery store...but that's interesting. I'm not low carb, but I'm sure I'd find lots of things I would like.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I was looking for sugar free pudding (not available in Canada) online and they ship but also have a few locations and one of them so happens to be that close to me. I'm excited to poach the low cal goodies I can't find at Walmart
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @fascha where in the country are you? I'm ketogenic, living in a town of 9000 in AB and all three of our grocery stores have SF pudding and ketchup...chocolate chips and the like too :/ . Low Carb Canada online has some of the really hard things to find if anything at the store gets you curious
  • Daddy78230
    Daddy78230 Posts: 125 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    That definitely is interesting. I'm low carb person and my local stores carry a lot of no sugar added or low carb products but also other specialty products (gluten free, vegetarian, kosher and so on) along with the regular stuff.

Sometimes it's a major scavenger hunt looking for certain ingredients for recipes. I have to read the nutritional values and create stuff from scratch. For example: I use the no sugar Heinz to create my own BBQ sauce. In the past I had use tomato paste and tomato sauce to make the base of the BBQ sauce (a lot of hassle).

I probably would shop at place like that even it charges a little more.
  • inertiastrength
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    @fascha where in the country are you? I'm ketogenic, living in a town of 9000 in AB and all three of our grocery stores have SF pudding and ketchup...chocolate chips and the like too :/ . Low Carb Canada online has some of the really hard things to find if anything at the store gets you curious

I'm 40 minutes north of Toronto, totally unacceptable to not have Halo Top or sugar free pudding mixes lol I have seen sugar free pudding in cups etc but I want the mixes like cheesecake, banana creme etc.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    fascha wrote: »

I'm 40 minutes north of Toronto, totally unacceptable to not have Halo Top or sugar free pudding mixes lol I have seen sugar free pudding in cups etc but I want the mixes like cheesecake, banana creme etc.

we have sf pudding in london xD i want halo top :(
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    A butchers?
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    fascha wrote: »

Well we all feel the Halo Top struggle lol. I also am mildly offended that Keto Krate is the brainchild of Two Canadians who refuse to sell their subscriptions in Canada
  • inertiastrength
    Options
    A butchers?

lol no they sell all kinds of overpriced low carb versions of all the foods low carbers cant eat. I am planning to get the sugar free jello pudding mixes I can't find anywhere plus some Heinz ketchup to save 15 cals/tbsp. Profit :)
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I would definitely love a larger variety of reduced sugar jams (as opposed to the splenda-sweetened "no sugar added" ones. blech).