Chi's Healthy & Crispy Pita Chips

Options
Chihaku_Zeal
Chihaku_Zeal Posts: 33 Member
So this is going to be my first recipe post, I hope you guys enjoy it! :3

This was a trick I learned to do once I started eating pita chips again. Normally, pita chips have a whole lot of fat and salt in them, but I finally learned a nice trick to enjoy them while cutting down the salt and fat.

Nutrition Facts
  • Serving Size: 16 chips
  • Calories: 150
  • Fat: 0.5g
  • Sodium: 225mg
  • Carbs: 30g
  • Fiber: 6g
  • Potassium: 40mg
  • Sugar: 2g
  • Protein: 12g
Ingredients are here!
  • 1 Toufayan Pita
  • 1 tsp Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb (Salt-free) - OPTIONAL!
  • Cooking Spray (preferably extra virgin olive oil)

Directions
First off, preheat your oven to 400℉ (200℃). Take your pita bread and cut it with some scissors into 8 slices of pita bread, kinda like how a pizza slice is. Next take a slice and open up the bread inside gently until you reach the edge. When you get to the edge, tear off the bread, that way you end up with 2 thin slices of chips. Keep doing this step until you have done this to all of your slices. Place these slices onto a cooking sheet.

Next, take your cooking spray and spray onto the chips to help them get a bit more crispy as well as help not having them get stuck onto the sheet. After that, take your Mrs. Dash salt-free seasoning (or any salt-free seasoning of your choice), and sprinkle onto the pita chips. These chips can be made without the seasoning, but if you want a little more flavor, then it's best to add some.

Bake the pita chips in the oven for 5 to 6 minutes, and be sure to keep an eye on them! These chips are thin, so it won't take long for them to burn if left unattended. Once they are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool for about 5 minutes. Once they have cooled down, they are ready to be served!

My Thoughts
Seriously, I think these taste wonderful. They're crispy outside and a little soft on the inside and they're not filled with any huge amounts of salt or fat at all, which is a great perk for me. The only salt you're gonna see is from the pita bread itself and not the seasoning which I have provided in this recipe. Some people may be turned off by the carbs since it is originally bread, but this can be made as a nice little snack for the kids as well as a bit of a healthier option compared to potato chips. All in all, these would probably go great with some tzatziki sauce as well, but remember to go light on that. In the end, I would definitely make this a great thing to cook. It only takes 5 minutes to prepare them and 5 minutes in the oven, so give it a try! :smiley:blqh656de782.jpg