Do you exercise when you have a large blister?

Options
My main exercise is walking, but I've got a huge blister between my big toe and second toe, should I keep walking, pop it, or not do much until it's gone?

klt2g7099ol4.png

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    They say don't pop a blister but I usually do. You can try putting some moleskin around it (cut a hole for the blister so you don't apply more pressure) and see if that helps the discomfort.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I pop mine, hurts too bad for me not too.

Drain it real good, keep it clean and let it dry out. The pain subsides when I pop mine after a day.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I get them under my big toe on the ball of my foot. They tend to pop before ive finished my hike. I put a blister plaster on followed by some spongy stuff and off i go

Ive hiked the last 5 days in a row with blisters
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    I usually put a bandaid on it, waterproof duck tape over that and keep running. Sometimes it pops on it's own. But I don't pop them. I repeat the process for the next week or runs. Then it's usually gtg.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,942 Member
    Options
    I get them on the balls of my feet and I usually pop them ... very carefully with a sharp pin on the edge (not in the middle) and I gently let the liquid out leaving the "shell" of the blister still intact so that it is not an open wound.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    I would pop it, clean it, and keep on put moleskin or a bandaid over it, then keep on walking. You need to figure out why you got the blister though. Socks too loose? Cotton? Shoes too tight? You might try putting Vaseline on your toes if you get blisters often.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    You're not supposed to pop blisters... but I won't tell anyone. The placement of the blister suggests the need for toe socks.