Carb Cycling

Options
Has anyone ever tried it? Did you have success? Why did you do it? What did your cycling look like? I have done three days and so far this is what I have for my cycling plan. I based it off of my workout regime, and my date night with my hubby! I have been at a plateau for 6 months. I eat low calorie and moderate to low carbs. I stopped cheat meals for a while and still did not loose any body fat. I drink a gallon of water a day and I watch my protein and carb intake like a hawk. I work out hard, so my calories are a bit higher now. I was doing 1300-1500 and I was dizzy, now I do 1600-2000 depending on the lifting day. I am 5'4 and 142 lbs. 22% body fat. I would like to get down under 20%.

Monday-Medium carb- 100-120- Arms and back lifting

Tuesday-Low carb- 50- Cardio

Wednesday- Medium to High- 200-Arms lifting

Thursday - Low- 50-Cardio

Friday- High/cheat meal/date night with hubby (we love to go out for a couple of beers and dinner. This has been our thing since we have met and we love to do it)- LEGS

Saturday- Low- 50-YOGA

Sunday- Low 50- REST

Replies

• tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Yes and I've had great success with it and I got down to 6.5% BF while doing the following: 3 days of 90g followed by 1 day of 300g (this was back in March of this year). Now I'm 3 month into IF/IIFYM and just started to incorporate carb cycling again. My current cycle looks like this: I have 3 consecutive days of 90g of carbs followed by a carb re-feed day. Now I started my re-feed at 275g of carbs and every re-feed I've added 20-25g. Monday was my last re-feed and I had 330g.

IMO you are cycling too often. I'd save your high carb day for Friday (try to keep the grams at a consistent number) and the other days shoot for 75-80g. If you don't notice any weight/ body fat changes, lower your lower days by 5g until you notice change.
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Yes and I've had great success with it and I got down to 6.5% BF while doing the following: 3 days of 90g followed by 1 day of 300g (this was back in March of this year). Now I'm 3 month into IF/IIFYM and just started to incorporate carb cycling again. My current cycle looks like this: I have 3 consecutive days of 90g of carbs followed by a carb re-feed day. Now I started my re-feed at 275g of carbs and every re-feed I've added 20-25g. Monday was my last re-feed and I had 330g.

IMO you are cycling too often. I'd save your high carb day for Friday (try to keep the grams at a consistent number) and the other days shoot for 75-80g. If you don't notice any weight/ body fat changes, lower your lower days by 5g until you notice change.

TO tmpecus78: I recently started carb cycling. I have 2 days of 41 carbs, 3 days of 82 carbs and 2 days of 137 carbs each week. Is this cycling too often as well? If yes, what do you recommend? Any advice would be most appreciated.
  • ridi222
    ridi222 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    TO tmpecus78: I recently started carb cycling. I have 2 days of 41 carbs, 3 days of 82 carbs and 2 days of 137 carbs each week. Is this cycling too often as well? If yes, what do you recommend? Any advice would be most appreciated.

I have to change the wording on what I said above. When I type "you are cycling too often" I was referring to having 3 different carb days (too many cycles). From what I've read you should cycle between low carb days and a high carb day, so I'd eliminate those 82g days. You might want to cycle 50g days with a 140g day and she how your body reacts. Everyone reacts differently to carbs, so you'll have to try it out and adjust if need be.
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options

I have to change the wording on what I said above. When I type "you are cycling too often" I was referring to having 3 different carb days (too many cycles). From what I've read you should cycle between low carb days and a high carb day, so I'd eliminate those 82g days. You might want to cycle 50g days with a 140g day and she how your body reacts. Everyone reacts differently to carbs, so you'll have to try it out and adjust if need be.

Many thanks for the advice!!! I don't mind trying things out and making adjustments as needed. I will begin the 50g (3 days) and 140g (1 day) post-haste. :)