Just ran my first mile!

Options
I know that's not a lot to most people, but it's a big deal for me. :) Just starting out with running and it was nice to get to that milestone without having to stop to catch my breath.

Replies

• jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats.

The next mile(s) come easier. Keep at it. :)
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Good job. That's a big milestone. Just be patient and listen to your body. Maybe you should consider the C25K app. That app has saved my life.
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I hate running - ran a quarter mile this week and it reminded me why I hate it! Lol - but I admire people who can do a mile!!
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I agree with ABabilonia, if you want to increase your running think about Couch to 5k (or 10k, depending on your ultimate goal) it's been great for me!
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    araneae77 wrote: »
    I know that's not a lot to most people, but it's a big deal for me. :) Just starting out with running and it was nice to get to that milestone without having to stop to catch my breath.

Everyone has to start somewhere. When I set out in 2011 to see whether I could turn myself into a runner, I could run for one minute. Then I had to slow to a walk. Went to walk/run intervals, and that first big continual run was a Really Big Deal. Enjoy it, there's no telling how far you'll go once you catch the running bug.
  • SpoonInTheRoad
    SpoonInTheRoad Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Milestones are worth commemorating so thanks for sharing. Today was my first jog. I've been walking 4 miles at a time 4 days a week and today I wanted to start my HIIT work. I thought I would just try to walk faster but I realized quickly that wasn't possible without jogging. So, I did 4 two-and-a-half minute jogs with walking in between. I couldn't even believe I COULD jog without feeling like I was dying but it was a piece of cake. Maybe I'll join you in that mile soon! Keep us posted! :smile:
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • FaeryLove18
    FaeryLove18 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You go girl! :)
  • rpkg62
    rpkg62 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

I remember the first time I ran a mile, and I will never forget it! 10 years later, I am now a triathlete. No other race/run/competition has made me more happy then my first mile! Good for you!
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It is a big deal to run that first mile! Awesome achievement! High five!
    Keep going and have fun.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    It IS a big deal if you've never done it. Congrats!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment! Great Job!
  • xcazax
    xcazax Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Brilliant, well done x
  • Lana_me
    Lana_me Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congradulations!
  • _m0lly
    _m0lly Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • Misssynth
    Misssynth Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Well done!!
  • krazy1sbk
    krazy1sbk Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I just started c25k yesterday, so I hope to get to a full mile one day soon!
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up!!