Any snack ideas out there?

Options
I'm getting stuck in a rut. Need some ideas for snacks. (No gluten or red meat.)

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Like...anything.

What do you like?
  • MsWatchMeGo
    MsWatchMeGo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Only thing I dislike is creamed corn and liver. :)
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    So eat anything you like for a snack. I like protein bars, greek yogurt, low calorie ice cream, some low carb fruits, rice krispie treats, gummy candies, animal crackers. I also look like crap so I'd stick with the protein bars and greek yogurt.
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your macros? I usually based my snacks on that. If I'm short on far I eat pistachios, pecans, pumpkin seeds, or a Slim Jim. If I'm short on protein a protein bar or yogurt.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Celery celery celery. I consider myself incredibly fortunate to enjoy it as much as I do. Today I discovered that it made a great edible "spoon" for my chicken tikka masala with chickpeas at lunch. Dang that was good.

I also like putting cheese on rice cakes. Usually I crisp it up in the toaster oven, but sometimes I get impatient, haha!
  • megd44
    megd44 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hummus and a veggie, usually peppers or celery. A protein bar, small yogurt, banana
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want for a snack period place no limitations on yourself as long as it meets your calorie goals.

To put things in perspective I lost 80 pounds over 8 months and I've been maintaining for eight months at my current weight. During that time I ate whatever I wanted including my snacks. I do prefer Fruit I eat a lot of it but I enjoy the taste. I also like potato chips french fries ice cream Italian ices candy. I think you get the picture

For this to succeed it has to be sustainable and by giving up things you like it's not going to work. It's just a matter of eating those things in moderation and understand the consequences of when you eat them.
  • lindae5
    lindae5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thin tortilla,microwave, between two paper towels until crispy, dip in salsa.
  • MsWatchMeGo
    MsWatchMeGo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! Much appreciated