Cold Sweats during Cardio

Options
I have been working out 5 days a week: cardio, weights and conditioning classes. I did a 30 min TRX suspension class and then got on the elliptical afterwards which is not out of the ordinary. About 20 minutes on the elliptical I started to get the chills/cold sweats. My heart rate was still up and I was still sweating, but I got super cold. I don't think it was the environment since I was indoors the entire time.

This is the first time this has happened and caught me off guard. Any ideas on what might have triggered this so I can avoid it in the future?

FYI- F, 32, 5'9, 166 lbs.

Replies

• yondaime8
    yondaime8 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am talking from experience and am not in any way a certified doctor, but whenever I experienced cold sweat it's usually low blood sugar. No need to panic, just wrap up your workout and eat something.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    If you were really hot, it is your body's way to try to cool you down(together with sweat).It happened to me while running a 5k outdoors in very hot conditions.
    If it happens again,visiting a doctor wouldn't hurt, just to make sure everything's alright.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I was just asking friends about this the other day. Immediately after an intense cardio workout I'm hot & sweaty (obviously), but about 20 minutes later I get chills, and a cold sweat on my back. It lasts for a couple hours after.

After reading the above comments, I could see it being from dehydration. (I'm teaching the class and am not able to drink as much as I probably need.)