Questions about weight loss with Adrenal Fatigue

Options
13»

Replies

• MrsCassieThreatt
    MrsCassieThreatt Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Im 39 and been fighting my weight for 20 years.

Hair loss
    Weight gain (chronic)
    Headaches
    Dizzy ness
    Unable to lose weight
    Muscle fatigue
    Vomiting after work outs (personal trainers)

I don't eat much because I'm fat, I work out all the time because I'm fat. I gained 5 pounds this month and 3 last month. My dr says it's adrenal fatigue and I need sleep first and the rest will fall into place. I am not living I'm merely surviving every day. I have 6 month old newborn twins and 3 other children. I'm told by the military drs I just need to work out more. I need to really push myself further. The dr in the states says I need to walk a few times a day and get some sun. I'm on 15 adrenal supplements.

Drenamin
    Linum B
    Licorice Root
    Vitamin D
    Iodine
    Vitamin C
    Omega 3
    Turmeric
    Cuma cuma
    Ashowandago
    Magnesium
    Catalyn
    Cataplex c
    Cataplex b
    Thymex

Most are by Standard Process. I also take melatonin to sleep at night. I guess if there's little hope I can fix these issues with modern day medicines, then at least I'm not alone. I'm not giving up, I have too many obligations in life to not be a fighter, I'm just exhausted and I want nothing more than to see results from my hard work.
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    LOL!! I do not go to a scam artist. I go to actual MD. He is one of the top doctors in our state and one of the most reputable doctors in the country. The practice I go to works closely with Duke University. So, I respect your opinion but I am going to stick to with the top research doctors in the country have to say and they absolutely recognize adrenal fatigue. It is nothing more then low cortisol levels and if it gets to low you can go into adrenal insufficiency. I am not sure why this is even an argument. If you don't believe it to be true. Why care??
    Richard Shames is one of the top hormonal MDs (he graduated from Harvard University) and here is what he has to say:

http://thyroid.about.com/b/2010/11/03/richard-shames-adrenal-fatigue.htm

I have studied and researched this topic, I have talked to leading experts at Duke University and I will for sure listen to them over someone who is on my fitness pal that read a couple articles. :)

No offense, I am being serious. I actually REALLY know what I am talking about.

Very entertaining reading! I just want to point out that Everyone in Salem Mass were convinced of the witches in their presence, too. And to be clear this so called top hormonal doctor isn't even board certified in ANY sepciality according to an online search of the American Board of Medical Speciaties.

Whether adrenal fatigue exists could be debated here forever; but, the ideas of decreasing stress and improving nutrition are good interevntions for just about any disorder. Additionally, the powerful placebo effect of a ritual including supplements is nothing to be scoffed at. But I have to agree with the previous postings; if there was reliable evidence to support a condition like "adenal fatigue" and its treatment, it wouldn't be religated to alternative medicine. The nice thing about real doctors (MDs and DOs) is they are not limited in what they can practice. If it actually works, it will be in their armamentarium relatively quickly.

And as an aside, to the poster who said Naturopaths are real doctors should Know is that in most states in the US, Naturopaths are not able to practice or are severly limited. In Texas, I understand they can't even use the title Doctor because of concern of misleading the public.
  • stewart19651
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I know that losing weight on the road to recovery from weak adrenals and thyroid dysfunction is quite hard. 1: because a diet is not really an option because your adrenals need al lot of good fats and sufficient foods. 2: losing weight when your thyroid is not functioning right, is hard. I know from my own experience that when the adrenals get better, the thyroid als gets better, this is because these organs function in unisome (HPA-axis).

I have a question: i use this supplement (http://www.voedingssupplementennederland.nl/en/vitakruid-b12-forte-plus-3000-mcg-en.html) and although it is quite expensive i must say, it has a large amount of vitamine B12, and it gives me some boost in energy. But i am wondering if this puts extra load on my adrenals.

Anybody?
  • kathivg
    Options
    Oh good grief. I'm looking for some help and all I'm reading is people from both sides debating. Did I somehow land on the Dem/Rep webpage? Don't waste people's time with trying to make yourselves sound good. If you have real suggestions then please post them, otherwise stop arguing.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    kathivg wrote: »
    Oh good grief. I'm looking for some help and all I'm reading is people from both sides debating. Did I somehow land on the Dem/Rep webpage? Don't waste people's time with trying to make yourselves sound good. If you have real suggestions then please post them, otherwise stop arguing.

So you want people to support and provide suggestions for a condition that is not recognized by the medical community? Why? I would think it would be more helpful for people to point out that it is not a recognized diagnosis so that people don't waste time, energy and in most cases money for "tests" and "treatments" no a non-existent problem and instead focus on actual causes of the symptoms.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    chrissys74 wrote: »
    Adrenal fatigue is absolutely a real condition. I am in severe adrenal fatigue right now and struggling. I have always been very active, in extremely good shape and even after having two babies, I went right back down to my pre pregnancy weight and was in a great place. Over time, I had some chronic stress in my life and became extremely fatigue, weak and could barely function. After seeing many doctors that were no use I started seeing a integrative medical doctor. They are the best. They tested all my hormones, thyroid (T4,T3 and RT3) as well as my cortisol levels and I had a STIM test to check for Addison's disease. This was ALL covered under insurance.

My results came back that cortisol levels are very low. This has caused my thyroid to not function properly and my other hormones to not function properly.

There is a ton of info out there about adrenal fatigue but most western doctors do not think it's a real condition. True doctors that have studied this know better. Send me a message if you want more info on this an I can direct you to some wonderful websites. It's a horrible condition and I am still struggling but I can tell you I am in a MUCH better place then I was a year ago.

If you go and see a "regular" doctor be prepared for them to tell you that you are fine. I almost ended up in the hospital because of very bad advice from many "actual" doctors. I was so bad last year I could not take care of my children. I have thyroid disease and regular doctors only check THS. I had mine checked and they said my thyroid is functioning properly. I went to an integrative doctor (also an actual medical doctor) and they checked TSH, T4, T3 and RT3 and come to find out I have extreme hypothyroid. I started taking medicine and completely came back to life. But, because of all those years of being undiagnosed, my adrenals have failed and I am for sure getting much better but still working on cortisol levels. They are finally getting there.

There are tons of support groups out there. I follow the Stop the thyroid madness protocol. Look it up on google. Good luck! Don't let anyone tell you what you are feeling is not real or it's in your head. You know your body and if something does not feel right to you, follow your instincts. I really do not think I would be here right now if I listened to those doctors.

ETA; you can get cortisol levels drawn by blood but the best way to determine adrenal fatigue is a saliva test done 4x in one day on day 21 of your cycle. It does cost about $100 because insurance will not cover it.

You are in something... but it ain't "adrenal fatigue" ...

quack_small.jpg

EDIT : -*kitten* - caught up by a Zombie Thread. ..