If you're WAY under NET calories do you force yourself to eat more or end your day?

Options
Verity1111
Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
I have only net about 860-870 calories today. I was supposed to eat 3 veggie dogs + a bun + half of a brownie and 1/3 of a pepsi (snack) that I didn't get to eat. I ate 1/2 of a veggie pizza I cooked at home and a sandwich earlier, but that's it. I walked the equivalent of about 6 miles total which is 4 more than normal for me. I know 1200 is the minimum for most people and 1000 sometimes (my dr originally let me do this when I was starting out) but I don't know if I should I eat what I planned on eating or just let it go. it's 11:01pm. I am always super busy (college + 3 kids 2 with special needs and therapy in home etc) so this happens a lot. It would bring my net up to about 1300-1400. I'm just curious on what other people would do.

Replies

• Verity1111
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Oh...and usually I eat them lol but I have OCD and like to keep to my prelog so Im curious if I should just let it go sometimes if it's considered a big deal.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    If you are not hungry do not eat them. Eat a few more each day to balance them out or just do not worry about 1 day.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    If it is now and again and I am really are not hungry then I won't eat them. If it happens day after day then I force myself to eat more, even if full. I don't want to get into a cycle of regular undereating.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,571 Member
    Options
    For a day? Nah. As long as it's not several consecutive days in a row.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Verity1111
    Options
    I force myself mainly because I had an ED before so I dont want to undereat without realizing but sometimes I am legitimately not hungry whatsoever and I feel bleh forcing myself. I think it might be better to just allocate the calories to a different day at that point.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I would eat something unless I really was not hungry. I may eat something different than I had prelogged of the same calorie count though.
    Maybe look at your weekly calorie intake though instead of just daily.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I make sure I eat at least 1200 gross calories ( not taking exercise into account). Then if I am hungrier the next day I sometimes go a little over.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    I was too tired and couldn't do it this time lol I couldn't even will myself out of bed. I'll just eat 1600-1700 today to make up for my 860-870 net yesterday. Lol.