When to weigh yourself? And how often until you see progress?

Options
2»

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Are you counting calories and logging your food? I see no mention of that in your post(s).

I weigh daily and log the weight in the happy scale app. I like to see a trend and know weight fluctuates.
  • Libby283
    Libby283 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning after using the bathroom. I usually see movement down during the week when I am keeping a 1000-1100 calorie diet. I maintain on the weekends and through the beginning of the week when I have a 1200-1400 calorie diet.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day as an illustration that weight loss isn't at ALL linear lol I didn't lose a thing for 10 days, even went up a few times but overall down 1.6 in 10 days. I don't stress over small gains or no losses, I've been at this way too long to doubt the method :) Good luck
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,988 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Many prior threads on this topic. The standard answers are daily, weekly and sometimes monthly or not at all. Reasons vary. I weigh myself and log all of my food daily because it keeps me focused on the objective -- currently to maintain my weight at 160# +/- 5# which I have been able to do for the past 4 going on 5 months.

Unlike others, I can see an almost immediate effect of how much I eat the prior day on my weight the following day. So, recording this data daily makes it easier for me to see graphically exactly how how much I'm eating and its affect on my weight on a daily basis, which keeps me on track.