Annoying pants with muscle gains

Options
2»

Replies

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I buy a long piece of treated leather or durable fabric that has holes punched in it, with a clip on the opposing end. Then I run it through the loops on my Jean's and set it moderately tight.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    I buy a long piece of treated leather or durable fabric that has holes punched in it, with a clip on the opposing end. Then I run it through the loops on my Jean's and set it moderately tight.

Genius!
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    Despite being a guy I experience the same issue with my quads. Target carries a Levi's sub-brand called Denizen which has some stretch to them and fit me really well for the price point.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    The only jeans I buy are from American Eagle, they don't feel tight around the crotch like other jeans.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I've always had this problem. Large butt/hips. Right now I am wearing Levi pull on jeans. Lol. You have to make sure to cover the waistline up with your shirt because it looks kinda goofy. But they stay up.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0758LLGHB/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Can not wear jeans (quads)...cannot wear hipster doofus skinny fit (calves).
    Dress pants must have a small percentage of spandex for stretch without any skinny cut (painstakingly annoying clothes shopping; has to resort to getting everything online). **** skinny fit (made for people on team no calves)
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I’ve had this issue in men’s jeans. The Levi’s I used to wear fit in the waist, ciuld be a bit tight in the seat but rubbed the hair off my thighs. I tried some stretchy jeans but the cut wasn’t designed for a guy with 28” thighs and fabric didn’t breathe.

I’ve had some luck going 2 inches smaller in the waist and getting the ‘relaxed fit’ cut. The other thing I tried was just getting jeans made by a tailor. They cost more but they fit great.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I wear men’s skinny jeans. Levi’s 29X30. Somehow these fit me better than any women’s pants ever have though I always wear a belt because they are a little roomy up top (that’s how badly women’s pants fit me LOL). I have a short inseam and muscular legs so women’s pants are always too long and never fit well in the thigh or calf. Every woman is at least 5’ 8” and has long scrawny stork legs according to clothing designers.
  • flowerhorsey
    flowerhorsey Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm having issues with jeans too... Helps me to roll/fold them up at the ankles till they are tight against my upper ankle/ lower calf.. Keeps them in place better .. at least for me.. wearing a skinny, high waisted jean with some stretch to the fabric.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I’m all about the jeans selection at Fashion Nova. They are all cut for small waist + big booty/thighs, which is how I’m built even BEFORE I compound the issue with lifting. Sooo much stretch in the legs, but also don’t get all stretched out and baggy.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Yeah, having this problem but more with shirts. Getting a few more things tailored these days but generally rolling, or tucking where needed.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I have been lifting heavy for a while now and have had some gains in my thighs and butt. I still wear the same size of pants, because my waist has not changed (sz 0 / 24) but, because of those gains (between 1 and 2 inches) my jeans seem to always want to go down as I walk which is pretty annoying. Any ladies or gentlemen having this issue? What are you doing about it?

Hey I had this issue when my quads grew too. Best advice I can give is buy Old Navy Athletic jeans, they're a bit bigger in the upper legs and have a slight stretch to them. Very comfortable so bending and what not is easy as pie .
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    shaf238 wrote: »
    Yeah, having this problem but more with shirts. Getting a few more things tailored these days but generally rolling, or tucking where needed.

I caught a sale on dress shirts from Indochino and have been very happy with them.