Supplement question

Options
Hello!

I am not new to the game, but I'm getting back into it. I'm a Strongman competitor looking to cut some weight. Doubtful I'll ever get into the middleweight range, BUT that's okay because heavyweights have more fun anyway!

I entered a 5 Star Nutrition fat loss competition today. $10 to enter, possibility to win gift cards to my local store or $$ for national placing. I love love love their Stim Lord pre-workout, so I figured I really didn't have anything to lose. At the end of the comp, I'll be getting a $10 coupon, T-shirt and shaker cup just for competing.

However, I understand they are a business. After my weigh-in, they recommended a stack of supplements. Most I am not interested in, but I am curious about one. I am working on review searching online, but wanted to ask here as well.

They recommended an anabolic - Laxabolic - for muscle retention while cutting. I'm curious about anabolics, so it intrigued me. Has anyone ever tried it? Or anything similar?

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Any anabolic that works in not available from 5 Star Nutrition.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,679 Member
    Options
    Supplements have almost no significance when it comes to anabolics. When speaking of anabolic, that means "muscle building" and "adding mass". If you're cutting weight, you're CATABOLIC.
    The only anabolic supplements I believe that work are: protein and creatine. But you have to eat at maintenance or surplus to be anabolic.

Hope that helps. Don't waste your money.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Only worth while suppliment is probably creatine monohydrate.