My current goal is to get to what my drivers licenses says I am

Options
I started MFP 30 days ago with no real goal in mind. The only reason I did it was my wife started a few days before me. My start weight was 248 and I am currently 234.5. I decided today my first goal would be to get to my drivers licenses weight of 225 and then pre marriage weight of 218. For healthy BMI I should be around 170. Do you find it more effective to set little goals with a big goal in mind or just work toward the big goal. I step on the scale every day just to see the little victories. My healthy BMI is 64 lbs away and that feels like forever.

Replies

• Fatandsassy224
    Fatandsassy224 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I get you. The very highest weight in my "healthy" BMI is technically 90lbs away. It is very daunting. So I give myself little goals, while having a big number in the back of my head. My current "small" goal is to get back under 200lbs (219 this am). The most important thing I have found is the act of getting on here and logging every morning - it takes the guess work out of my day. I will literally stand at the computer and map out my whole day on MFP before even eating breakfast. It helps me balance my macros and make sure I get to eat chocolate each day which is important to me for weight loss as I am a stress eater - so if I feel like I 'need' something, I know that I can have X amount, I have it and move on with my day.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Cbaka27 wrote: »
    I started MFP 30 days ago with no real goal in mind. The only reason I did it was my wife started a few days before me. My start weight was 248 and I am currently 234.5. I decided today my first goal would be to get to my drivers licenses weight of 225 and then pre marriage weight of 218. For healthy BMI I should be around 170. Do you find it more effective to set little goals with a big goal in mind or just work toward the big goal. I step on the scale every day just to see the little victories. My healthy BMI is 64 lbs away and that feels like forever.

Setting short & long term goals is the best plan in my opinion. Without a long term clear vision, you are likely to wander off track and without manageable short term goals it is easy to lose motivation.

Both your drivers license & pre-marriage weight are about 10lb intervals which is probably the perfect "goal".
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    FYI, this forum is for "gaining weight". You might want to go to the "Weight Loss" and browse for a topic relevant to your situation. You would likely get more feedback there.