Just joined!

Hello! I'm new to MFP and looking forward to this new journey of eating healthy and getting in shape and trying my best to finally commit to it. I've tried almost everything but I realized it's a matter of changing my lifestyle and not dieting for a periods of time. I'm a 35 year old working mom and studying to get my master's to become an elementary teacher. Stressed, overworked, overwhelmed and lack of time has gotten me to this point. But now it's all about making time to take care of myself and not just my family. I would love to make new friends here so we can motivate each other. Go us!

Replies

• levelene2
    levelene2 Posts: 22 Member
    Hi! I saw your post because you added me as a friend. I'm also on my first week and loving MFP so far! I'm a SAHM right now to my beautiful 1.5 year old, but I was a middle school teacher prior to giving birth to her. I'm excited about having some friends that are starting at the same time I am. Have you taken measurements yet? I just did it now and logged them all. That was a shock! :O
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    You can add me f you'd like. (Anyone else too). I've lost 125lbs since 2009.
  • jvelopez
    jvelopez Posts: 9 Member
    Hi! I saw your post because you added me as a friend. I'm also on my first week and loving MFP so far! I'm a SAHM right now to my beautiful 1.5 year old, but I was a middle school teacher prior to giving birth to her. I'm excited about having some friends that are starting at the same time I am. Have you taken measurements yet? I just did it now and logged them all. That was a shock! :O

I'm so glad to have new friends here starting this journey just like me. I'm also so inspired by those that have been on here for a while and working hard for their new lives. I haven't taken measurements yet, I plan on doing that tonight. I'm sure I will be asbolutely shocked as well. But our new lives start here today :)
  • jvelopez
    You can add me f you'd like. (Anyone else too). I've lost 125lbs since 2009.

Thanks I will! Wow 125lbs! Amazing...congratulations!
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Welcome to the journey. My numbers prove you can reach your goal
  • jvelopez
    Welcome to the journey. My numbers prove you can reach your goal

Thanks! I'm excited to be part of the community. Congratulations on your success! That's awesome. :)
  • Good Luck on your journey!!!! You can add me if you like, I am on everyday and look forward to encouraging you on the way!!:smile:
  • jvelopez
    Good Luck on your journey!!!! You can add me if you like, I am on everyday and look forward to encouraging you on the way!!:smile:

Thanks I will :)