Looking for support!!

Options
:happy: Looking for support and friends who are in the same boat I am. So confused by all the different diets out there. Eat this, not that, grains, no grains and the list goes on and on!! I have about 55 pounds to lose and slowly am getting back into exercise.

Replies

• toddmoore83
    toddmoore83 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard...
    The 1st and sometimes hardest step is to cut out all soda and sweet tea. You would be amazed at what just that does for you..
    And after say "a week" you try soda and see how it taste like SYRUP..
    Also check out the recipes section.. Great SKINNY foods in there...
    So lets get it on and shred the weight...
  • britgirl20
    Options
    I have about 40lbs to lose and am just braving 20 mins cardio a day on an exercise bike. There are so many diets out there but I guess the most effective is eat less calories and exercise more. I've just started gentley exercising this week so I hope I lose at least a lb when I weigh myself on Saturday. What daily calorie limit have you set?
  • nimi_badger
    Options
    I started using myfitnesspal last summer and did an amazing job of working out and cutting food down. Then we had our second child and I got out of routine. I am now back at recording my food and working out each night. I can't begin to say how recording your food helps in losing weight. Good Luck!!
  • kellyhdent
    kellyhdent Posts: 46
    Options
    hey there! congrats on taking the step to mfp, it's awesome! since your food diary is a wake up of what you need to eat more of and eat less of, it becomes more and more apparent to you what you need to drop/add. sugar used to be my weakness - now that I have that taken care of, it's sodium. you'll adjust and find what works for your body! :)