Options
2»

Replies

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    WilliamVE wrote: »
    I don't have much time to workout so I want to try SOME HIIT but how do I get motivated to do that? I started at 177lb and my lowest weight this year was 165lb. I love to play basketball outside in my spare time. I also have a gym pass so whatever you suggest I will try and try.

Skip the HIIT. Find people to play ball with.

Motivation is fleeting and you shouldn't rely on it. Do you love your job? Probably not. Do you feel motivated to go to work every day? Do you go anyway?

HIIT is terrible for weight loss, and it's not really suited to beginners at exercise. (I'm talking actual HIIT, not just marketing HIIT.) It's useful for athletes who want to train their anaerobic systems but that's about it. You're struggling to make yourself do it. But you enjoy basketball, which is good cardiovascular exercise, a good calorie burner, and fun for you - obvious choice.

Agree HIIT isn't suitable for obese begunners. To be honest a hard basketball game is really similar to HIIT. If you want to shoot around casually fine.

What the OP most likey needs to do is start walking. Can't say for sure but he may workout one day and not go back for weeks because he's deconditioned and feels like total crap after working out.

Slow down, walk at least 20-30 minutes a day. If you can, throw in some resistance work 2-3,times a week. Shoot around a bit if you like. Something like this is doable, sustainable. When you get in a bit better shape you can work on some more intense exercise if you like.

Best of luck.