Uneven DOMS?

Options
It's mostly my legs- Yesterday was a leg day for me, and today my right leg is SO sore, and my left not so much.

This happens fairly regularly to me, and I don't think I'm trainging unevenly. I only use free weights and FitnessBlender in my basement, I make sure to keep reps even, I check my form in a mirror.

Is this normal? It's so strange! I went on a run this evening and I was limping for about the first mile trying go get my right leg to warm up! Happen to anyone else?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Many people start out lifting with unbalanced muscle strength - shoot, many people continue it on because they don't watch their form good enough.

So you have a weak side - and you have it appears trained it harder. Or you have a strong side and overload it even more than the weak side.

Great if the former - it shouldn't be the weaker side for too long.

Now, for many things merely watching yourself in a mirror WILL cause poor form.

Better to setup your phone and video whatever it is from straight side view (to confirm swaying doesn't occur when it shouldn't), and from the back (to confirm no movement sideways).
  • ninthnarnian
    ninthnarnian Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    The post above is one thing it is likely to be- but for me- if I haven't been to the chiropractor in a while- I notice reduced feeling on one side. The other day I had DOMS on only one side. Wierd- but less soreness can be good sometimes I suppose.