After cardio burn

Options
Anytime i do cardio i get this really uncomfortably burning feeling in my stomach after I'm done. Likes my stomach is on fire or something. Anyone get that? Probably a stupid question but I'm just now starting this whole health and fitness thing and I'm learning as i go

Replies

• PinkamenaD8
    PinkamenaD8 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    It's not an stupid question. Sounds like a gastric problem like GERD.

I've done both intense and prolonged cardio but never experimented that feeling, only an upset stomach if eat minutes before excercising.

What kind of cardio you practice?
  • np1514
    np1514 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just do 30 min of jogging on a treadmill. Ill do resistance training for 30 to 40 min before that
  • dietstokes
    dietstokes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Do you eat anything before cardio? Even a few hours before cardio? Supplements? It could be a result of the cardio or the food/supplements you are taking before hand. For me, I have certain foods that I cant eat for up to 5 hours before a run (beans one of them, spicy food, apples and a few others).
  • np1514
    Options
    I usually dont do cardio until 4pm or so and i eat lunch around noon to 1:30
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Have you been checked for an ulcer?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • np1514
    Options
    I have not
  • np1514
    Options
    But the odd thing is, if i only do weight lifting and get a good workout in, i dont feel that burn. Only when i do cardio do i get the weird burn. Its not painful at all either it just feels like my stomach is in overdrive mode or something and my stomach gets hot temp wise too
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    I would say it's either reflux or a possible ulcer. Burning from ulcers happen more often on empty stomachs and it seems you have a long enough gap from lunch for that to happen.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • np1514
    Options
    I might to have to get that checked
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Have you tried eating before hand?
  • np1514
    Options
    I have not no but i don't wanna get cramps while doing the cardio. I read that you should eat a light protein item like a shake or bar so i may give that a try
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    I'd go less with what you've read and just experiment.
    I like a caffeine drink and a banana or scrambled eggs and some jelly beans before cardio.
    Others can't eat before hand. You just have to find what works for you.
  • np1514
    Options
    Are you going coffee for the caffeine?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    Options
    Some days. Others I drink sugar free energy drinks. Aldi do one that is 8 calories and 75g caffeine that I like.