C sections, will I get back to normal?

Options
I've had 3 c sections, my youngest is now 4. My question is, will that little tiny bit of tummy eventually go away or shall I make peace with it? Overall, I believe to be physically fit, I'm working on losing about 6 more pounds. I'm a short woman, 5'1. Any ladies that have had that many c sections and have gone back to "normal" in the tummy area? Any feedback is appreciated, thank you.

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    There's only one way to find out.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    It's all relative to you. Mine won't, but that's because I got about a bajillion stretch marks. All you can do it work on it and see where you get!
  • oilpuddles523
    oilpuddles523 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've had two (2012 and 2016). Mine is gone. I think muscle memory helped play a major part in mine. All you can do is try. Get it mama
  • lovefriesam
    lovefriesam Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Going to use my wife as a success story here. She was heavy for much of her life until finding MFP and increasing her workouts. She's had 3 cesareans and doing TRX daily and now sporting abs. We are doing a Spartan sprint together this summer.

That is very sweet and motivating, thank you!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    heck ya!, how bad do you want it? get out and get it!, only you can do this!
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    It depends how far you want to push your body fat. Anyway, if you are a healthy body composition & still have a bulge you don't like, these days there's all kinds of non-surgical 'body sculpting' technologies to reduce persistant fat pockets. (sonobella, coolsculpt, etc.)
  • ocrXfitter
    ocrXfitter Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section 7 years ago and you can't tell. Might be genetics, but I lift, run, do yoga, etc.
  • LuluIsLosing
    LuluIsLosing Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I had one nearly 3 years ago. I have lost some weight, down to 119 lbs from 146.5 (I'm 5'0). I'm now fairly happy with my body, except for that stubborn c section pooch. I'm going to keep working on losing weight in the hopes that it will finally disappear but to be honest, I'm losing hope.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    For me, it comes down to genetics and how long you've had a big belly. I have a C-section and was morbidly obese for 30 years. I will never have a flat stomach without forking out for surgery. It sounds like you have a very small pouch, so I'd say if you put in the work and effort, you'll flatten it up.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I had "I"-section 7 years ago with a 10-12" scar. I've always had a slight pudgy belly consider my low body fat:muscle mass, but I did get it back to normal so to speak when I do cut weight.

I would think it comes down to what was your body like pre-pregnancy.
  • lovefriesam
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    There's only one way to find out.

I'll try harder.
  • lovefriesam
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    It's all relative to you. Mine won't, but that's because I got about a bajillion stretch marks. All you can do it work on it and see where you get!

Yes, that's true. I'll try to work on that more. It's just been a while and see not much of a difference.
  • lovefriesam
    Options
    I've had two (2012 and 2016). Mine is gone. I think muscle memory helped play a major part in mine. All you can do is try. Get it mama

That's awesome. At my second child, it was as if I had no pooch, but my third did. Thank you, I'll be trying harder then. This gives me hope.
  • lovefriesam
    Options
    heck ya!, how bad do you want it? get out and get it!, only you can do this!

And to do this I shall. Thank you!!
  • lovefriesam
    Options
    LAT1963 wrote: »
    It depends how far you want to push your body fat. Anyway, if you are a healthy body composition & still have a bulge you don't like, these days there's all kinds of non-surgical 'body sculpting' technologies to reduce persistant fat pockets. (sonobella, coolsculpt,
    I had one nearly 3 years ago. I have lost some weight, down to 119 lbs from 146.5 (I'm 5'0). I'm now fairly happy with my body, except for that stubborn c section pooch. I'm going to keep working on losing weight in the hopes that it will finally disappear but to be honest, I'm losing hope.

Yes, I know what you mean. 4 years here since surgery but I've been trying for a whole year, sort of. I guess I really need to be more consistent with my work out. Or change something.
  • lovefriesam
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    For me, it comes down to genetics and how long you've had a big belly. I have a C-section and was morbidly obese for 30 years. I will never have a flat stomach without forking out for surgery. It sounds like you have a very small pouch, so I'd say if you put in the work and effort, you'll flatten it up.

I will try as much as I can. It is a bit of a pooch, but I don't see much change. Thank you.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    It can happen.
  • lovefriesam
    Options

I've been try for a year and I've lost hope too. But it seems from the feed back I'm getting, it is possible. I'll continue to work on this, we'll see how it goes. Good luck to you too.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You are also several years older than before you had your first. Just guessing, but maybe 10 years older? That makes a difference too even if you've had no c-sections. I feel that we always need to be making peace with our bodies. Yes, always strive to improve too, but don't let your happiness rest on that part of your appearance, the most troublesome area for everyone.