Any healthcare/medical field personnel?

Options
CoppersMommy08
CoppersMommy08 Posts: 10 Member
Hi everyone! Recently I've noticed that I've put on some of the weight I've lost and decided I was going to start using MyFitnessPal again. I was wondering from you guys, how do you manage to control your appetite and what you eat in high stress levels? When I started working as a nurse I noticed I could go 10+ hours without eating and not becoming hungry because of what I ate prior to my shift while keeping hydrated. Now, I cannot go past 6 hours without nibbling on something (usually a high sugar snack) or having a full blown meal in the middle of my shift. Then because I ate so much I become sluggish and feel so sick to my stomach after because I move around so much. Personally I can admit that I feel like I lost some control, especially since my stress levels have increased recently.

Any tips or tricks you guys have? I'd love to hear your suggestions. Thanks! o:)

Replies

• dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Preparation is the key in your case. Some days are so busy that you don't have time for a 30-min lunch break and by the time you are ready for it, the cafeteria might be closed.
    Prepare your all meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks) the night before. That way you can control your calorie intake better too. Set the alarm for your meal times, every four hours or so. 5-10 min is enough for me to inhale my snack or shake, or, at least, to warm up my food
  • JukeboxHeroine
    JukeboxHeroine Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I always eat a meal during my shift and usually some snacks too. I work 12 hour nights. There is no way I cannot eat. I sleep during the day so my shift is my day. I pack all my snacks ( vending machines are terribly expensive anyway). I also try to get some exercise in on my off days. Good luck!