Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Chewing gum?

I chew gum at work. A lot. I chew on Orbit cinnamint. I have heard both good an bad about chewing gum.

From a diet standpoint, is chewing good or bad for you ?

Thanks,
ShaneMac

Replies

• JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    I figure I work off the cals in a piece of gum by chewing it.

Try IceBreakers IceCubes gum. Best out there. Stays soft a long time and the consistency is excellent for max bubble blowing.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    BUMP

I only chew orbit, extra, exclipse and dentene ice.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    I chew the heck out of some gum!!! I try to stay away from sucralose & aspartame though. I won't lose it over that but I look for xylitol.
  • I like to chew gum, as well. I also look at it that I'll burn the calories that's in gum by chewing. The thing is, I'm getting ready to have a surgery and it's strongly suggested that I don't chew gum because it will put air in my stomach. :(
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    I used to dip tobacco and I know gum is a hell of a lot better than that! For being 5 calories a piece, I don't sweat it
  • I just began dieting about 2 weeks ago. I have a major sweet tooth so instead of indulging in sugar and other things that don't really contribute well to my diet I chew gum! I prefer the sugar free dessert ones like apple pie and lemon pie. They absolutely work to suppress my cravings. So good or bad? I would say the positive definetly out weighs the negative in a situation such as mine. ( not sure of your exact situation though)
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    I wish I could. I have a mouth full of expensive dental work and for awhile it seemed every time I chewed gum I ended up pulling off little pieces of a filling- and no dentist ever just patches it up- they drill out the whole darn thing and start over. (I realize this is good dental practice but I sure wish they could just patch it!)

I gave up chewing gum years ago.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    I use to chew gum a lot, but then I got TMJ, so I had to stop altogether. Enjoy it for me! :flowerforyou: