Options
2»

Replies

• EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    ncfitbit wrote: »
    danpw2d02wz4.jpg

I much prefer these to gels, but only if I'm running over an hour or during a long tennis match if I'm starting to run out of steam.

I like these, too! My local store always seems to have a pink lemonade flavor, and I think it tastes pretty good. And I love the Stinger Honey Waffles and Caramel Waffles. Honey seems to work well for me, so I've stuck with it.

• fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Anyone else using it? I've started keeping a few packets in the car for when I feel like I need a boost before a longer cardio workout. They seem to work, but I can't say much for the experience of eating them. The primary ingredient is maltodextrin, which is a polysaccharide of glucose (and which is not very sweet).

We have only used them for races (bike/runs). They are great for that. The honey stingers are amazing. Not as convenient as the gu packets, but they are deelish!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I only use Gu during a long run, and in those cases I prefer Clif Shot Blocks or Probar Bolt chews. I don't eat it before a workout; I'd have fruit or something else instead. Gu is basically just sugary syrup meant to give your body an easily digestible and portable source of energy while you are doing intense, long-lasting physical activity.