What do you eat for Breakfast?

Options
I'm up at 5:30 am and have very little time to eat breakfast. My recent go to is a whole wheat English muffin, 2 egg whites, a slice of Canadian bacon and a slice of low fat American cheese. I know the bacon and cheese aren't great, and can do oatmeal, but can't eat without some kind of sugar. Protein is a necessity because I get too hungry if I don't get some. Remember- whatever it is, I have to be able to prepare quickly.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I don't eat anything... But you could do egg muffins/frittata (premade in bulk), yoghurt with protein powder & fruit/nuts/add ins, a smoothie... Dinner leftovers... Different sandwiches/wraps..

Instead of sugar in oatmeal, you could add protein powder - the sweetness/flavour negates the need for sugar,and you'd bump up the protein content
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I have several go-to's:
    1. Oatmeal with extra oat bran, flax seed, sliced almonds and a small handful of dried fruit. And 1/2 a cup of soy milk. Sometimes I weigh it all, sometimes I don't.
    2. Toast with a slice of cheese and a hard fried egg
    3. 5-6 oz plain yogurt with berries & truvia (stevia sweetener). Usually ~3 oz of berries.

On the weekends we splurge a little sometimes with waffles, pancakes, french toast or roast beef hash (vry high cal...must work it off @gym!).

I don't eat pig, but sometimes we will have beef or turkey bacon. Bern hearing about lamb bacon & am intrigued. I like to fry a slice of turkey ham on the griddle occasionally with my egg & cheese.

And VERY occasionally, I make cinnamon rolls. From scratch.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I had a sandwich of my homemade wheat bread with flax and chia seeds, 59 grams of bread, with 2 slices of fried bacon and an egg, with 10 grams of kale leaf. I garnished it with several drops of Tabasco sauce. It worked quite well together and I'm having black coffee now. The sandwich was 381 calories. It had 20 grams of protein.
  • RedBirdJax
    RedBirdJax Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Siggi Vanilla yogurt, dried apples (40 grams) and smokehouse almonds (28 grams) - highly portable and keeps me going until lunch.
  • crispuppy
    crispuppy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Some cereal with fruit sliced in, or some salty and sweet oatmeal!
  • krysrago
    krysrago Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I normally do a bowl of oatmeal with honey and blueberries. I also eat it with 2 boiled eggs and hot sauce.
  • stacief82
    stacief82 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My typical breakfast is vanilla Greek yogurt with half a arriving of kashi go lean cereal mixed in. Some times some PB2 mixed in as well. I need something quick through the week and Greek yogurt fits that bill.
  • lisa9275
    lisa9275 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    One scoop of raw meal (Garden of Life) with a cup of water and 1/4 of soaked oats in the Vitamix!
  • lovely_cienna
    lovely_cienna Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter banana toast or a smoothie (:
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Weekdays - yogurt and bagel

Weekends - today is chicken sausage with veggies
  • cassique
    cassique Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Usually an over easy egg with a slice of whole wheat toast and a cup of coffee. I use butter for the egg and toast and sugar and milk in my coffee. Comes to about 300 calories. Then a few hours later ill have an Apple to hold me over until lunch if i get hungry.
  • molly1993
    molly1993 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have an Alpen light bar usually
  • kcn2bluesky
    kcn2bluesky Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Lately, I've been hooked on a breakfast version of a banana split! It's quick, easy, and easily keeps me satisfied until lunchtime. It seems like the perfect combination for me, with carbs, protein, fat, and a little sweet.

Breakfast Banana Split:
    Slice banana lengthwise
    Add 118g of 4% cottage cheese
    Drizzle with 10g of real honey or 10g of preserves
    Toast a slice of whole wheat bread, cut in 4ths. Place it around the banana.
    Optional: add some chopped walnuts.

• Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I think your breakfast is fine. Oatmeal seems healthier but it may not be the better choice. Oatmeal holds me for about 20 seconds, even with protein powder.

I personally have an egg or two, or egg whites with bran cereal.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Just a coffee with low fat milk and Splenda for me. I do most of my eating in the PM on weekdays
  • cathleete
    cathleete Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! Thanks everyone!
  • edwill3456
    edwill3456 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I had two slices of whole wheat bread with two whole eggs and some deli slice meats on it.