Calorie burn for goat wrestling?

Options
I kid (pun intended) but I certainly feel like I earned a little extra something for an hour go-round with this guy and the vet today. What kind of functional fitness have you found yourself on the receiving end of lately that you wish you knew the burn for?
ZcJqlIi.jpg

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I'm really not concerned about how much I burn doing anything in general.

My weight gain is precisely how I want it on average so no need to bother.

Greatest Of All Time wrestler here...
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Is that blood on you?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Is that blood on you?

That's what i was about to ask. How physical does this goat wrestling get? :open_mouth:
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    1) That's a big goat.

2) I don't know the calories burn for Pig Wrangling either. I spent almost two hours pig wrangling tonight. No database entry for that. :)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Is that blood on you?

That's what i was about to ask. How physical does this goat wrestling get? :open_mouth:

I want to know too!
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    Looks like goat skips leg day.

I guess you can't burrito it up like they do with cats at the vet, huh? :+1:

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »

You could, but you'd need a bigger towel.

OP, good workout. I have had to wrestle a goat in a good long time, but they can certainly be feisty.
  • Iwannabfit76
    Iwannabfit76 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    I'm really not concerned about how much I burn doing anything in general.

My weight gain is precisely how I want it on average so no need to bother.

Greatest Of All Time wrestler here...

Love this! Punny GOAT
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

OP, good workout. I have had to wrestle a goat in a good long time, but they can certainly be feisty.

Ugh, outside the edit window. I haven't had to wrestle a goat in a long time.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking that you may need to adjust your activity settings if you really do this stuff often.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Is that blood on you?

Yeah he has an abscess on his face that needed opening and draining, I had the vet over but one of us had to wrangle him while she did her part. He is strooooong and it wasn't a ton of discharge but it all seemed to find its way on to me. I jokingly put this here but it took us best part of an hour and I actually had to sit down at one point because I felt faint with all this exertion in 90 degree direct sun. I didn't feel guilty about the half a donut I had later on.
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    1) That's a big goat.

2) I don't know the calories burn for Pig Wrangling either. I spent almost two hours pig wrangling tonight. No database entry for that. :)

He's a nubian goat, we estimate weighs about 250lbs. He's a good boy, just ate some weeds he maybe shouldn't have and got an infected something that needed draining. Went through it last summer with him as well, but I weigh about 40lbs less than I did then. Oof, tiring.
  • MelanieCN77
    Options

omg that would be amazing.
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Yeah he's not a little dairy goat I can flip over, and I certainly don't outweigh him. He's a good boy though, it was a crappy procedure to have done.
  • ja20102004
    ja20102004 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    New sport.
  • boopster99
    boopster99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wonder if cow tipping would rate the same amount of cals?! Oh, the good ol' days!
    Today's event ... shovelling... heavy, wet snow. Blech, isn't it April? Is it spring somewhere?!
    B)
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    It's practically summer here right now. Not that I'm wishing wet snow on myself but I'd rather do chores in the cold than in 90 degrees. I need to go see if Mickey will let me clean that wound (no, he won't) and do some cleaning around the chickens and yoink some out of control vines off a structure and stuff like that. Maybe worth another half donut later lol
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    It's practically summer here right now. Not that I'm wishing wet snow on myself but I'd rather do chores in the cold than in 90 degrees. I need to go see if Mickey will let me clean that wound (no, he won't) and do some cleaning around the chickens and yoink some out of control vines off a structure and stuff like that. Maybe worth another half donut later lol

It's snowing here. :disappointed:
  • crowleyed72
    crowleyed72 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    They last time I had to wrestle a goat. What a day we had a goat get out chased him forever on foot, finally got him pinned a couple miles away walked him back on a lead which was a tug a war all the way. Soaked in sweat was comical to watch.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Goat even smiled for the picture, looks like he saying "I won"..