Really depressed :(

Options
I went shopping with my niece today hoping to find some summer clothes now that the weather is getting warmer. We are both a little on the overweight side, but I didn't realize how bad I had become until I started trying things on. I now wear a size 14 (from an 8 two years ago) and even a few of that size were snug. I didn't dare go another size up. I just sat in the dressing room, looking at how much I've let myself go and just cried.

I need to do something NOW. I am 180 pounds and want to get back to my goal weight of 130. I know it's not going to happen overnight, and this summer I will not reach my goal, and it's going to be hard work, but I am tired of hating what I see in the mirror.

I plan to go grocery shopping tomorrow. I got rid of all of the junk in my fridge and cupboards and dug out my workout videos that have been collecting dust. I am so ready to be happy with how I look again. Even if it will take longer than I want it to.

Replies

• Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I did buy one pair of shorts. Size 8. :)
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Haha I'd say that was a good reward :)
  • TilKingdomCome
    TilKingdomCome Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Well done!

It is depressing when that realisation hits at just how long this road is but think of how good each new week is going to be when your clothes don't feel snug anymore but looser, when people start asking if you've lost some weight, when you enjoy looking in your wardrobe to pick outfits that you know you'll look good in without the constant questioning of yourself, and that's not to mention the health benefits as well.

I love exercising and often do DVDs at home as well, so why don't you put some runners on and get stuck into one now? You will feel even better than you did making the decision to start this journey