Cheddar's Cafe nutrition question?

Options
I'm reading online about the grilled buffalo chicken wrapper (which I LOVE) from Cheddar's Casual Cafe.

Generally, it's served with fried chicken, a big flour tortilla, shredded cabbage, shredded cheese, & (I think) ranch dressing that's mixed into the cabbage. It's also served with a side of fries (470 Calores, from the menu).

I usually order it grilled, without dressing, & without cheese, & with a side of fries.
The menu gives the nutrition info for a 1/2 order of grilled chicken wrapper is 850 Cal (55 fat, 42 protein, 49 carbs).

Since this doesn't account for the absence of cheese, dressing, nor (I believe) the fries, how many Calories would my typical healthier version of this be?

Replies

• DaintyWhisper
    DaintyWhisper Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    On the website, it states that the entire grilled buffalo chicken wrapper has 1438 calories (84 fat, 83 protein, 90 carbs). I would say maybe take off 120 calories for the ranch and 150 calories for the lack of cheese. Probably somewhere near 1150-1175 calories for the whole thing. I'm not sure about the difference in fat, protein, and carbs would be. (68 fat, 67 fat, 73 carbs maybe?). You'd have to (sadly) add 470 calories for the fries, because that's separate. That's how I'd add it to my diary anyway. Hopefully this helps!
  • LaurenGetsFit2
    LaurenGetsFit2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The fries should be included with the meal; even wit just the wrap, the grilled chicken, and plain shredded cabbage (no dressing, no cheese, no fries), it's really hard to believe it's that many Calories though. Unless they use half a ~210 Calorie wrap per roll. Plus about ~200g chicken.
  • broseidonkingofbrocean
    broseidonkingofbrocean Posts: 180 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Speaking as a former employee of cheddars. We usually sprayed the chicken with oil also so you might have to ask them not to do that if you wanna cut some corners. The tortilla we used for it is HUGE and the chicken size is usually 1 chicken breast. I can't remember the tortilla size but you could ask them. Could easily punch in an estimated amount of chicken(about what a chicken breast weighs), a tortilla equivelant in size, and cabbage yourself(could even omit the cabbage since it doesn't have that many calories).

One of the better chain resturaunts I've worked at tho. Just about everything is made from scratch which is crazy since its such a cheap place to eat.