I lied to myself

Options
msaprilmclain
msaprilmclain Posts: 3 Member
edited April 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hello MFP,

I am a semi active mother of three and grandma of one (being a parent is a trial, being Nana is the best!). I sit in front of a computer for 50 hours a week but generally spend my breaks walking. I am not overweight but I am in no way fit, I believe the term is skinny fat?
Anyhow, throughout the years I have bought almost every infomercial weight loss program and exercise equipment they have to offer but I fell in love with an elliptical I bought off Craigslist for 50 bucks. I used it everyday and the results were amazing and then it broke (where the metal is welded on the back wheel, booo). Fast forward five years (and more bargain junk that I couldn't stick with) and I found another elliptical (yay).
Here is my lie, I told myself that I don't care about my weight, I am doing this to get fit and MFP helps me track my fitness progress. My daily goal is 30 minutes or the digital readout of 500 calories, whichever happens first, I haven't hit the 500/30 minute mark yet. Sadly I have hopped on the scale about twice a week for the past month and I have lost two pounds and for whatever reason this devistates me and in order to keep the lie going I don't track my weight here. I have hypothyroidism and my tsh runs on the low side but after 5 years with this condition my numbers are constantly changing so my dose changes every three months. My calorie intake is a little low but my doctor agrees that along with my vitamins I am getting enough nutrients, maybe one day I will have a better med balance but until then this is my life.
I apologize for the ramble but I hope that I am not alone in the "struggle". Moving forward I plan on being more honest with myself and putting my weight in once a week, wether I like it or not.
Thanks for reading, I hope everyone has a lovely day!
April

Replies