Postpartum/ Breastfeeding/ Weight Loss

Options
Hey Everyone ! I'm a 29 yr old second time mom! Exclusively breastfeeding and looking to lose the remaining 40 pounds that I gained during pregnancy. I gained a total of 65 and my baby is now a month old. For two weeks now I have been eating roughly 1650 calories a day and it's had no negative impact on my milk supply. I have two weeks left until I'm cleared by my doctor for exercise! Currently weigh 204, hoping to get my to my pre-pregnancy weight of 165. Looking for friends/motivation, as I would really like to have this weight off by July!

Replies

• angiegnz94
    angiegnz94 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello Ashley my name is Angela and I'm right with you. I've been working on my weight loss for 2-3 months now and lost 25pounds my daughter is 5 months and I'm still trying to get to my before weight and even better lose a little more and I'm also breastfeeding:)
  • Ashleymarie4464
    Ashleymarie4464 Posts: 8 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hi Angela! It's so nice to know that I'm not on this journey alone! I'm one of those people who have serious unrealistic expectations and just wish the weight would melt off instantly like when I was 19 with my first pregnancy!
  • mlkelley1215
    mlkelley1215 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone ! I'm a 29 yr old second time mom! Exclusively breastfeeding and looking to lose the remaining 40 pounds that I gained during pregnancy. I gained a total of 65 and my baby is now a month old. For two weeks now I have been eating roughly 1650 calories a day and it's had no negative impact on my milk supply. I have two weeks left until I'm cleared by my doctor for exercise! Currently weigh 204, hoping to get my to my pre-pregnancy weight of 165. Looking for friends/motivation, as I would really like to have this weight off by July!

Hi, Ashley I weighed in at 224 after my pregnancy. I currently weigh 203 my goal weight is 160. We both can help encourage each other to get the weight off. I'm currently eating an 1330 calories a day and my milk supply is at a rapid pace. My baby boy is a week old. I have five more wks to go before being cleared to exercise. I currently walk using the pacer app for motivation. July is definitely a good cut off time to see results.
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Hey Ashley. I've been there. I got up to 222 with my first pregnancy, 244 with my second (then I got down to 153 woot woot) then back up to 210 with my third pregnancy. Now I'm down to 163. :) Goal is 130 so I have a ways to go. We can support one another!
  • code4food
    code4food Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 months postpartum, gained over 40 lbs during pregnancy and now have 10 more pregnancy lbs to lose, then 20 more to get to goal weight.
  • martikaann
    martikaann Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. I am 25 my littleone is 4 months old and at 3months i begain working out. I am exclusively breastfeeding and use an app to work out called 30 day fitness challenge and ive lost 14 lbs so far. I also use a cheap watch to count my steps. Add me so we can motivate one another (: like minded people make for success. ✔