What do you meal prep for breakfast.

Options
chrisfuentes2005
chrisfuentes2005 Posts: 295 Member
I usually make breakfast in the morning but gunna have to start making it ahead. Just wanted to know some ideas. Thanks

Replies

• Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I live on oats as well. Double batch steelcut which i portion out into tupperware for breakfast in the week. I mix up the fruit I add (while cooking) but really like adding cinnamon to every batch. I'll microwave and top it with eggs, kimchi, peanut butter, or yogurt.

I also have the instant packages on hand as backup.

Leftovers from the previous day are also on the menu.
  • Sylwill
    Sylwill Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I do egg white frittatas, an 8" pan and a container of Kirkland egg whites with whatever veggies are in the fridge. Makes 4 servings. I also will do kale and protein powder smoothies and make a couple in advance.
  • chrisfuentes2005
    chrisfuentes2005 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • SashaQ1381
    SashaQ1381 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    I live on oats as well. Double batch steelcut which i portion out into tupperware for breakfast in the week.

Do you fully cook the steel cut oats the night before? I prefer steel cut but so far I have not seen any 'put in fridge over night' type recipe for it.

• annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    SashaQ1381 wrote: »
    I live on oats as well. Double batch steelcut which i portion out into tupperware for breakfast in the week.

Do you fully cook the steel cut oats the night before? I prefer steel cut but so far I have not seen any 'put in fridge over night' type recipe for it.
    You can pre-cook a batch and reheat. You could pre-cook a huge batch and freeze single servings to microwave, if you want.
  • Slaci_Jo
    Slaci_Jo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I boil eggs for the week. 1 hard boiled egg is enough to curb my hunger until lunch. Its boring, but its really helped me stay on track.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options

You can use steel cut oats (uncooked) in any overnight oats recipe you see.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options
    I also boil eggs so they are ready to go in the morning. I usually eat them with fruit and/or yogurt.
  • cozytimes
    cozytimes Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    overnight oats
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I make a protein shake the night before. I use an honest tea glass bottle. On the weekends I just drink coffee with extra half and half in it.
  • jufrasin
    jufrasin Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    homemade fruit and oat smoothies make 2 and then got them for 2 days
  • leajas1
    Options
    araneae77 wrote: »
    I'm really into making overnight oats, it's a life-saver. I usually make mine with some kind of nut butter for protein and workout fuel. On Sundays I'll put everything but the milk into 5 mason jars in the fridge so I can just throw the liquid in the night before and it'll be ready in the morning.

1/2 cup rolled oats
    1/2 cup milk (I like almond milk)
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    1tsp honey
    pinch of salt

I have a very similar recipe that I'm eating all week:

60 grams oats
    12 grams PB2
    1 packet Stevia
    1/2 cup almond milk
    Then 15 grams mini semi sweet chocolate chips get dumped in right before I eat.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

I have quick cook steel cut oats from Costco (below link). I think they would work in those overnight recipes, but I cook them the usual way then put in the fridge.

http://www.bobsredmill.com/quick-cooking-steel-cut-oats.html?
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Mostly hardboiled eggs and a big pot of steel cut oats that can be reheated. If I'm feeling ambitious, I'll bake a batch of wonton egg cups or baked proats on Sunday.
  • leajas1
    Options
    Mostly hardboiled eggs and a big pot of steel cut oats that can be reheated. If I'm feeling ambitious, I'll bake a batch of wonton egg cups or baked proats on Sunday.

Tell me about these wonton egg cups!