Do you reward yourself for hitting mini goal weights?

Options
13»

Replies

• fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    My reward is feeling better and fitting back into my old clothes. :)
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    And if so, what have you rewarded yourself with/planning to reward yourself with.
    I'm looking for inspiration outside of my usual new clothes.

I make a mini goal weight every 5 lbs. I don't reward myself for each of those 5lbs but when I hit 20lbs (2 more to go), I'm going to an AYCE crab buffet. Can't wait!! But that one buffet won't kick me out of my new clothes and stop me from progressing. I say, reward big when you get to a big goal weight, 20/25/50. But not mini goal weights like 5 or 10.
  • JJS1979
    JJS1979 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Personally I do not reward myself for achieving a weight goal but rather for being disciplined throughout the week with hitting my exercise and nutrition goals, regardless of what my weight is. For me, I am great at setting a weight goal and hitting it everytime. However I am also great and gaining it all back within a year. After I reach that "Goal" I tend to slack and go back to what i did before. Perhaps that's just me not being disciplined enough but its been over a year and I have lost 30lbs and have really changed by body. Not once did I worry about my weight but rather hitting all my meals and workouts. Those were, and are, my new goals and it seems to work.
  • i_m_lele
    i_m_lele Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My rewards are things like being able to hook my bra one notch tighter, enjoying the feel of my clothing being looser, etc.........I'm trying to keep my weight loss focused on being healthier and feeling better as the reward so I don't fall back into prior behaviors when I reach my goal
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Not always, but sometimes! I love a good bath bomb, so I often reward myself with one from LUSH.
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I bribe myself and I'm proud of it. Sometimes cloths, or the Fitbit or just something weight related.
    Last 10 lbs loss got me a new air fryer and copper cookware set.
    I'm proud when I hit a 10 lb milestone and what I buy usually is something that keeps me on track or
    pushes me to the next step.
    When I hit my ultimate goal I may go for the big time and buy something I have my eye on now....but it's a
    big money item. Wife says go for it ...I'm not 100% convinced yet. $$$$
  • jannunziata15
    jannunziata15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For me hitting the goal is the reward.

Agreed! Results I see physically are the reward.