those of us who were always thin

Options
perkymommy
perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
Anyone else here that was thin most of their life until they got older? I was a very small child to the point where my doctor told my parents to feed me milkshakes at night before bed. :D Was a small teen too. At age 18 I weighed 75 lbs. I'm only 4'11. Now at age 48 I'm 150ish and have a hard time losing. To think that most of my life I was trying to gain weight. :D Anyone else?

Replies

• klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    I'm in! The hardest part of losing was the low calorie count that it takes to get there. Especially after a lifetime of eating whatever I wanted to eat and not worry about it.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Here. Was 103 at 18 (5"3), banged out a couple of babies, sprinkle that with life crippling anxiety, a dash of soul crushing depression and a devastating marriage and by the age of 28 I looked like Anna Nicole Smith. Mostly because I was drunk all the time but also because fat me looked like I ate skinny me. It took some time to relearn how to eat and get healthy but if I did it, you can do it. Best of luck to you!

You DO have a human side!!
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Here. Was 103 at 18 (5"3), banged out a couple of babies, sprinkle that with life crippling anxiety, a dash of soul crushing depression and a devastating marriage and by the age of 28 I looked like Anna Nicole Smith. Mostly because I was drunk all the time but also because fat me looked like I ate skinny me. It took some time to relearn how to eat and get healthy but if I did it, you can do it. Best of luck to you!

You DO have a human side!!

I've got two. Which one do you want to kiss?

The female side, not the male side.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    As a younger person I believed I could eat anything I wanted, and did. I guess I was very active and burned a lot of the calories off. Fast forward to 50+ and I realized that the scale and my clothing size were only moving in one direction. I didn't realize how badly I was over eating til I started counting calories.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options

I don't know who you are, but I want to be your best friend.

Change-Management.jpg
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    They called me "chicken legs" at home and school. That says a lot.
  • Pudermcgavin
    Pudermcgavin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I graduated highschool at 6'1" and 140lbs i was always active and actually at one point added my avg daily calories around 18yrs old i could easily do 15k a day. By my late 20s i hit 165lbs stayed there for about 6-7 yrs. Now within a couple yrs added 35lbs. Lost 20lbs last summer but gained it all back again. i was always rail thin and toned im now embarrased to be seen. my weight gain is seen in my face and stomach only i still have chicken legs and thin arms smh. Need to get back into running ans sports again badly