What Fitness Tracker Do You Use?

Options
I am thinking about getting a fitness tracker. I am interested in (1) heart rate, (2) distance and time for runs (3) calories burned and (4) sleep stats. I really don't know what else they can do, but I'm willing to learn.

So I'm taking ideas. If you use one and are willing to share, let me know please what fitness tracker you use and what other benefits or information I can get for it, other than the above.

Thank you.

Replies

• SD2579
    SD2579 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use Garmin Vivoactive hr. It covers also swimming.
  • melodydee66
    melodydee66 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I also have a Garmin Vivoactive with optional HR monitor band (that I really don't use). I LOVE my Garmin. It's great for swimming and I don't have to worry about weather at all. I don't really use the sleep stats, as I like to have a break with it off me at night. The distance, time, maps and walk/run functions are great!
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I also have the Vivoactive HR. I do wear the chest strap if I am boxing. I like to see where my heart rate is during certain workouts and my calorie burn. I don't pay attention to the sleep stats although I really only take it off to charge it. I also really like Garmin's support. They are very responsive through social media.
  • lakota84
    lakota84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Garmin Vivosmart HR. Likes: steps, distance, calories, floors climbed, heart rate, sleep stats, ability to record activities, can customize stride length with Garmin Connect mobile app, battery life, can broadcast HR to other Garmin devices (Edge, etc.) so you don't have to wear the heart rate strap. Dislikes: does not sample HR while sleeping often enough (to save battery life?), charging cradle is cumbersome to use, if you don't own a smartphone you can't customize stride length, cannot synch to pc through ANT (must use charging cable). HR recording not as accurate compared to chest strap, but close so unless you're a very serious athlete, no biggie. Because it uses bluetooth, it can get notifications, weather and email from your smartphone.
  • mkeonem
    mkeonem Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin Vivofit 3 with chest strap for HR and love it. I did lots of research and knew that if I had to take it off every so often to charge it I would end up not wearing it at all after a short period. This model has a watch battery so it can last up to a year depending on how much its used. Also, after reading up on things I found that chest HR is more accurate than wrist and I wanted to get a clear read on my calorie burn when doing certain activities.

I second that their support is very helpful, I called about something and they fixed it right away for me.